President Muhammadu Buhari has submitted about 40 names to the Department of State Services (DSS), the Department of Military Intelligence (DMI), the National Intelligence Agency (NIA) and other security agencies for screening ahead of his much-awaited ministerial appointments.
According to Daily Post, the names were submitted about a week ago.
Below are the names of some of those who are said to be on the list:
- Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, former Osun State governor and ousted PDP National Secretary.
- Chief Bode Mustapha, former PDP National Auditor and an All Progressives Congress (APC) chieftain from Ogun State.
- Engineer Segun Oni, former Ekiti State governor and APC Deputy National Chairman (South West).
- Dr Kayode Fayemi, the immediate past governor of Ekiti State.
- Dr. Abba Ruma, a former Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources.
- Chief Kanu Agabi, a former Minister of Justice.
- Donald Duke, a former Governor of Cross River State.
- Babatunde Raji Fashola, the immediate past governor of Lagos State.
- Yinka Folashade Oredola.
- Rotimi Akeredolu, a former gubernatorial candidate in Ondo State.
- Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, the immediate past governor of Rivers State
- Engineer Funsho Kupolokun, former Group Managing Director of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).
- Rabiu Musa Kwankwanso, immediate past governor of Kano State.
- Bisola Adegbenro.
- Isaiah Danjuma, son of General Theophilus Danjuma from Taraba State.
- Dele Momodu, Publisher of Ovation.
- Kehinde Lawanson, a former Executive Director of First Bank.
- Chief Bayo Ojo (SAN), former Minster of Justice.
The online news outlet promised to release other names as soon as they can access them.