President Muhammadu Buhari has confirmed to Nigerians that he plans to probe only the administration of his predecessor, Goodluck Jonathan. This revelation confirms statements in recent times by the opposition party, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) that Buhari was on a witch-hunt against officials who served under President Jonathan.
Special Adviser on Media and Public Affairs to Buhari, Femi Adesina, explained to media on Wednesday, July 23, 2015 that the probe will not extend beyond the Jonathan administration.
President Buhari has just returned from a 4-day working visit to the United States of America where he revealed that he was investigating crude oil theft and vowed to prosecute anybody who was found to have looted public funds.
Specifically, he said that past minister and officials had been stealing oil, selling it and diverting the money to their foreign accounts. He said his government was still tracking the funds.