A video of a doctor removing huge maggots from a woman’s vagina went viral on the internet yesterday.
The video came with a campaign stressing the need to use condoms.
New reports have surfaced with claims of what was really going on in the video.
According to sources by a reader, the woman was actually infected after child birth resulting from negligence by the doctors at the hospital she was delivered of her baby.
Our source, Kayla Chanai, reported that the woman gave birth in a government hospital in India and unfortunately, the gauze used to stop bleeding after delivery was forgotten inside her body.
The swab caused an infection in the body of the 22-year-old new mum. Precisely ten days after giving birth she noticed flesh-eating maggots crawling down her legs.Her husband quickly rushed her to the hospital. On arrival at the hospital, she was examined by the doctor who found the swab inside her body.
The doctor reportedly removed the gauze swab, removed the maggots, and gave the woman other necessary treatment.
Recounting her experience, the woman said: “It was very painful. Initially, we thought it was normal to feel sore, but when I saw maggots, we were alarmed and went to the doctor straight away. The reason we did not file a complaint of medical negligence is because we are from a different state and I don’t even know any language other than Oriya. My husband does not have enough time and resources to fight the case.”
According to reports, the lady is well now.
Nevertheless, the need for protected sex cannot be overemphasized. There are killer sexually transmitted diseases out there.