A member of the dreaded terrorist group Boko Haram on Tuesday, May 20, 2014 granted an interview to United States based news Channel, CBS where he revealed secrets about the operations of the sect.
The man who gave his name as Saleh Abubakar revealed in his interview that the Islamist extremist group spent three months planning the Chibok school abduction.
Boko Haram abducted more than 200 girls from Government Secondary School, Chibok in Borno state on April 14, 2014. About 30 of the girls had escaped from captivity while 276 girls are still missing.
Abubakar dismissed rumours that some of the girls are sick and in need of medical attention. He claimed to have seen the girls about three weeks ago and said they are all doing fine.
He said: “It’s a lie. They don’t have any problem at all.”
Abubakar claimed that the group was right to abduct the girls. “You see the enemies among the children; it is accepted to fire on all of them. You cannot differentiate the children. You understand?,” he said.
He also admitted that there will be more kidnappings, saying, “Yes, there are plans; yes.”
He however said that the insurgents will neither harm the girls nor sell them out as slaves, as the sect leader, Abubakar Shekau had earlier threatened, because they had converted willingly to Islam.
He insisted that the girls will only be released when the Federal Government release their comrades in detention.
When asked if Boko Haram has direct links with al-Qaeda and if truly the abducted schoolgirls had been moved across Nigerian boarders, Abubakar declined to answer.
He said: “No, no. I will not tell you anything about this,” he said.
“But they are my brothers in Islam. Even in America, we have brothers.”