by Nils Seger
Cars possess enough personality to have their own little tales. And although you spend hours cooped up waiting or commuting behind rolled up windows, you are probably not aware of the little legends that roaring engines have created over the years. So if you are looking for the most exceptional facts around cars, Carmudi, the world’s fastest growing car classified, has compiled the best of the best for car enthusiasts. From a one-million dollar speeding ticket to a car controlled solely by thoughts, the automotive world is full of wonderful and sometimes strange surprises.
Take a look at the 10 most astonishing facts for anyone who’s ever been on the road:
1. The biggest speeding fine ever given is $1,000,000.
2. The longest traffic jam in the world was held up 177 km long between Paris and Lyon.
3. Many British police officers carry teddy bears to console children after car crashes.
4. It costs 90,000 USD to replace tyres of the Bugatti Veyron.
5. 80 percent of the cars registered in Albania are Mercedes-Benz.
6. The city with the most Rolls Royce per capita is Hong Kong.
7. It is a criminal offence to drive around in a dirty car in Russia.
8. A car has been developed in Germany that is controlled solely by the thoughts of the driver.
9. Red cars are prohibited in Shanghai, China.
10. Holding a remote car key to your head doubles its range because your skull acts like an amplifier.