Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past two days, the chances are you’ll have seen these images of Kim Kardashian which broke the entire internet.
But there is actually an interview to accompany the photos, which is pretty interesting. Here’s what we learned.Via papermag.com
1. She’s so physically flawless it’s bordering on abnormal.
Kardashian is described as being “like a beautiful anime character come to life.”
Later in the piece this paragraph occurs: “As she talks, I notice that her skin, which is the golden color of whiskey, is free of wrinkles, crow’s feet, laugh lines, blemishes, freckles, moles, under-eye circles, scars, errant eyebrow hairs or human flaws of any kind. It’s like she comes with a built-in filter of her own.”
2. She has people following her around every day asking for selfies with her.
During the interview, this encounter happened: “The fan has been running to catch (keep up with?) Kardashian; she brings with her a breeze. “Will you take a selfie with me, Kim?” she pants. (This is what fans asks the High Priestess of Instagram — autographs are so last century.) She obliges, leaning in for the picture and striding away almost before I can blink. “She’s gonna post it,” Kardashian says wryly. “I bet it’s posted right now.”
3. She doesn’t use filters on Instagram because she’s “not really a filter person”.
We’re pretty surprised seeing as we had her down as an Amaro kinda girl.
4. She enjoys saying Kanye’s name, apparently.
“Today, a day off, she spent at a pumpkin patch with West, whom she repeatedly calls Kanye — she clearly enjoys saying his name — and their 16-month old daughter, North.”
5. She’s earned a casual $43 million from her Kim Kardashian Game app.
6. She’s “obsessed” with apps but can’t name her favourite one.
“She tells me that she is “obsessed with apps” but, when I ask her to name one, she replies, “I like all different apps.”
7. She now refers to her 72 day marriage to Kris Humphries as a “lesson she had to learn”.
Of her 72-day marriage to Kris Humphries, one of her rare missteps that actually left a footprint, she says: “It’s just one of those life lessons that you have to learn, and it’s OK.”
8. There are over 300 selfies that she has taken that haven’t made the final cut for her selfie book, Selfish, which is due for release next year.
“She has spent hours sifting through her vast, meticulously organized digital archive. “The book company edited them, and I was like, ‘Wait a minute! There are like 300 here that you’re not adding!’” she says.
9. She spends two hours in hair and makeup every day.
10. She posted this selfie because her makeup artist commented that she hadn’t shared one in a while.
“My makeup artist said to me the other day, ‘You haven’t taken a selfie in a while,’” Kardashian says…To remedy this, she posted one of herself in full makeup and a white terrycloth robe, with the literal caption, “It’s been a while since I’ve taken a selfie.”
11. She remembers every single selfie she has ever taken.
“I remark that I am surprised she can remember and differentiate among a bunch of near-identical photos of her face. She can, she says; she is sorting them chronologically, dating them by what she wore to specific events. “I know what I wore, what accessories I wore, where I was, who I was with,” she tells me. “I remember everything.”
12. She’s not sure she’d have been so successful if social media didn’t exist.
13. And finally, she’s still very much OK with sharing her life with the world.
“I love sharing my world with people,” Kardashian tells me, and I detect no hint of falseness. “That’s just who I am.”