Guys, you may want to take notes. Below, 16 smooth pickup lines the women of Reddit say won them over.
Take it away, ladies:
1. “‘Where are you from?’ ‘Uhhh… here? Why do you ask?’ ‘Because you’re beautiful and I wanted to start a conversation with you.'”
2. “On our first date, my now-husband asked if he could put his hand in mine to ‘see if they fit properly.’ He was is one smooth motherf*cker.”
3. “Hi. My friend over there is shy and he was wondering if you think I’m cute.”
4. “‘You are absolutely, astoundingly gorgeous and that’s the least interesting thing about you.’ Wow.”
5. “I’m going on a long walk, [extends hand], can you hold this?”
6. “‘You’re beautiful. Don’t let anyone tell you any different.’ Sounds really lame, but 18-year-old college freshman me thought that was swoon-worthy.”
7. “I was once at a Starbucks and the barista looked like a Rastafarian caricature: Skinny, 6′ 6” tall, dreads down to his back, the works. Anyway, the girl in front of me walked up and said ‘I’ll take a tall hot chocolate.’ The barista turned around and said, ‘Babe, I’m already right here.'”
8. “‘I’m sure that you have a boyfriend so I’ll leave you alone but you are really beautiful.’ Then the guy gave me flower from his lapel, turned and walked away. All night I was looking for him and when I found him ended up gushing, ‘I don’t have a boyfriend! Lucky us.'”
9. “‘Like my new jacket?’ ‘Yep.’ ‘Know what it’s made of?’ ‘What?’ ‘Boyfriend material.'”
10. “I was in an Irish pub when a 20-something guy drops a 20 Euro on the ground:
Him: Excuse me, did you drop this?
Me: Um, no.
Him: In that case, can I buy you a drink?
Maybe the Irish accent helped…”
11. “What is something you would change about me?’ ‘Your last name.’ We’ve been married six years.”
12. “I was at a party, wearing super high heels and dancing with this pretty drunk woman. She stumbled and used me to break her fall. I managed to keep her upright but lost my balance and fell backwards. A guy actually caught me, pulling me back against his chest to keep me from falling. Then, smooth as silk, he looked down at me, smiled, and said ‘Look at this. You fit just perfect.’ The fact that he was like a foot taller than me and that I love men who tower over me just made it better.”
13. “Kiss me if I’m wrong, but dinosaurs still exist, right?”
14. “‘Can I borrow your notes?‘ We just celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary in May. :)”
15. “An advertisement for blonde hair dye came on TV and the model said, ‘Find your perfect blonde.’ The guy I was with goes, ‘I already have.‘”
BONUS: This gem from a smooth-talking 4-year-old who’s clearly going places:
“My 4-year-old son was at a play date with two friends — a brother and a sister. The brother says ‘group hug!’ and the three of them hug before we leave. But then my son steps back, looks at the sister (who he has a crush on) and says ‘Hey, wanna do a two person hug?'”