Different colours can be used to make an all-white home look livelier
White is the colour of elegance and simplicity. An all-white home looks great when you know how to maintain it well. Many homemakers who are passionate about this colour would agree. It is not easy to keep it spotless and you also run the risk of making you home look too bland with the lack of colour. Here are a few points you need to keep in mind…
1. Using dark brown tiles or a wooden floor for your living room if the rest of your home is white, can really set it apart.
2. Walnut shelves that also acts like your entertainment zone with the television, home-theatre system, books and other knickknacks can give a break to your white wall.
3. White sofas and white upholstery on your chairs can be offset with dark-coloured cushions to give it a fresh look.
4. The monotony of white can be broken with different-sized cushions in brightest hues.
You curtains can have other colours too even though you would want its base to primarily be white. Stripes and checks in a light shade can work well.
5. A rug or carpet that belongs to the brown or beige family can add to the charm if you don’t want a too-bright colour.
6. When you have opted for white for your kitchen walls you should keep something in the room that contrasts it to bring out the beauty of pure white. Maybe your refrigerator can be bright to add colour.
So, go right ahead and experiment with white and you will be amazed at the way your home looks.