Declaring your love to that someone special was never easy. But if you’re in love, you’d do anything to make yourself heard. You may think proposing to your partner is one of the easiest tasks, but consider the fact that the way you do it will go a long way in deciding the fate of your relationship. In case you want to pop the question to your sweetheart, we bring you some innovative, sweet and creative ways to do so.
1. Make a scrapbook: Use photos of the two of you, write down messages, poetry or any memorable moments you have shared. Make it visually appealing and be sure you do it with your heart. At the end of it, pop the question either through spoken or written words. Your sweetheart will be floored and preserve this forever.
2. Propose in public: Girls and boys, men and women (secretly) love public declarations of love. There is something about finding your own private space and special moments in a huge crowd. So you can propose on a quiet street, a music concert, your favourite meeting place or a restaurant, beach, park, et al. You can also try the flash mob or sing ala the proposal scene in Friends with Benefits.
3. Custom-made gifts: Get a gift custom-made for your sweetheart such as picture frames, soft toys, mugs or tees with “Will You Marry Me” written on it or a with picture of you two with a marriage message written on it. Another gift to put in this package is the perfume Marry Me by Lanvin. It was made for couples!
4. Propose in the presence of the family: Families often tend to oppose love marriages but if you express your commitment in front of his/her family members, it shows how genuine and dedicated you are to your partner and how fearless you are about making a commitment. One needs courage to propose in the presence of family members.
5. Heritage properties: The Taj Mahal and Eiffel Tower are popular places to express your wedding intentions. Not everyone can visit these places, but then you can choose classy heritage properties that are the icons of your city. For instance, in Mumbai that would be the Taj Mahal Hotel or the picturesque Victoria Memorial in Kolkata. And remember to propose in the evening as the Indian sun is a bit too much!
6. On a holiday: Take your sweetheart away on a holiday and don’t give them a whiff of your intentions. Go to a local or foreign location, a mountain or tropical spot. Make sure both of you are keen on the chosen location. Then prepare a romantic setting (preferably in the evening) with your heart and soul and some help from the hotel authorities or locals. Try organising a sea-side dinner on a moonlit night with a mountain view and floor your partner off his/her feet with a memorable proposal.
7. Get dramatic: Gather your friends, write a script and put lots of song, dance and romantic dialogues in it. The play ought to show the journey you have shared with your sweetheart with the ups and downs. At the end of it, bring your beloved on stage and pop the million-dollar question. We bet the answer will be affirmative.