When traveling on vacation, where you stay can have a major effect on your overall experience. This doesn’t mean that you always have to overspend on a hotel. It means you need to make a few wise choices when making a selection.
Here are a few tips in selecting the perfect hotel for a trip:
1. Location, Location, Location: As with purchasing real estate, the location of your hotel should be high on your list of priorities. Consider its access to transportation, its distance from the sites you want to visit, etc.
2. Amenities: Even if you plan on spending a minimum amount of time in the hotel, the amenities will affect on your overall experience.
Things to consider:
- Does it have a pool?
- Does it provide WiFi, and is there a charge?
- Is there a charge to make local phone calls?
- Does it provide airport or local transportation?
Sometimes the cheapest hotel can end up being the most expensive.
3. Ambiance: When selecting a hotel, decide if you want an upscale hotel, or one with local flavor, or if you are willing to settle for something basic.
4. Loyalty Programs and Frequent Flier Miles: Some hotels offer points for their own programs, or airline points. Consider this when making a decision.
(via Smarter Lifestyles)