What’s worse is that there are so many examples thrown in our faces of what a normal relationship should be like, that it can sometimes be really hard to not compare everyone else’s situation to our own. If you’ve ever wondered whether or not you and your S.O. are like the average couple, welcome to the club. But if your curiosity still isn’t satisfied, this list of signs that your marriage is completely normal will surely put everything into perspective.
1. If You’ve Never Fought Before
2. If You Fight All Of The Time
3. If You Listen To Each Other
4. If You DON’T Listen To Each Other
5. If You Want To Spend All Of Your Time Together
6. If You Want To Be Left Alone
7. If You’re Always In The Mood For Sexy Time
8. If You’d Rather Be Sleeping
9. Or Eating
10. Or Creeping (The Latest Shows On Netflix, That Is)
Do you see where I’m going with this? Honestly, there’s no surefire way to tell if any marriage is really “normal”. Instead of spending so much time comparing ourselves to everyone else, we need to use that same time to reflect on our own love lives. Only we can change the things we want to change and fix whatever we think needs to be fixed in order to make our relationships stronger. Lesson of the day? Just stop worrying about what everyone else thinks. The end.