by Lisa Copeland
For most women, finding the right guy after 50 can be frustrating and tiresome. As a Dating Coach, I’ve found the women who get out there and have fun dating have these 10 behaviors in common that I want to share with you today.
1. Women who are happily dating feel really great about themselves. They lead active lives that make them exciting, passionate and interesting to men. This woman will make space for a man and the life they’ll lead together without giving up herself and all the activities in her own life just to please him.
2. They know how to get in touch with their girly-girlness, aka. their true feminine power, which has men jumping at the chance to date them. Here’s the key to know how girly-girl you are… Do you want the man in your life to respect or cherish you above all? If you said cherish, you’re in touch with your inner girly-girl.
3. Women who know and speak the language men can hear have a huge advantage over other women out there. If you share the types of stories you’d share with your girlfriend with your guy, you’ll lose his attention right off the bat. He can’t follow what your sister’s best friend’s husband did with his wife. Save that for your girls’ night out.
4. Have you ever watch the way Scarlet O’Hara treated men in Gone With The Wind? This woman wrote the book on how to let a man be a man. It didn’t matter what a man did for her, she didn’t criticize him or tell him how to do his job. Both of these are huge keys into a man’s psyche.
5. My clients who found great guys online had awesome profiles that drew men in using a story men could imagine themselves in. Rather than a laundry list of qualities you do and don’t want in a man, try creating a mental picture of what you want dates to be like, and describing that as your profile instead.
6. Women who meet good matches online are willing to look beyond the selfies, the motorcycles and the guys who post pictures with other women. Online dating is one-dimensional, meaning you can’t see how a man’s personality and looks blend together to form a real person. You want to take the time to read profiles. Also look at the environment surrounding him in his picture to give you an idea of who he is.
7. Women who have the most fun dating go on a date looking to meet someone new and interesting. They don’t do an interview and they don’t check off an imaginary “must have” checklist that knocks guys off faster than you can drink a cup of coffee. There are good guys out there who could be your friend too. And who knows? Sometimes a friend can become the one. You’ll never know unless you give that nice guy a chance.
8. Women who date men who aren’t their usual type find there are far more good men out there to date than they ever imagined. It’s easy to get in a rut, dating the same guy over and over again, just with different clothes. You’re attracted to him not because he’s good for you but because he feels safe and comfortable, like that old pair of shoes you can’t seem to throw away.
9. To be successful at dating over 50, you have to keep at it. A big mistake women make is giving up on dating after five dates with five not so great guys. Keep getting out there meeting those new and interesting men I wrote about in number 7. Try new dating sites. There are a lot of niche sites out there that cater to different interests you might have.
10. The women who have the most fun dating and meeting Mr. Right got help when they needed it. They recognized when they couldn’t do it all alone. Whether they read a book, found a coach or saw a therapist, what made the difference is they took action to get the advice they needed, and then used what they learned to meet the right guy for them.
Lisa Copeland is the Dating Coach who makes over 50’s dating fun and easy. Find out more about the secrets to having fun dating at this age at www.FindAQualityMan.com. This article was first published on HuffPost.