But the truth is far from it. Yes, you need exercise to feel and be your best and healthy eating should be a part of your daily life, butweight loss isn’t just about a one hour fitness routine or some simple diet tips. It’s about how you live each day, what you do, and how you do it. So if you’re fresh out of ideas and want some extra help to burn 500 more calories every day, you’ve come to the right place! Here’s a list of 15 activities that will help you knock off those extra calories stacking up on the weighing scale.
1. 2 hours of bowling burns 500 calories. According to fitnessforweightloss.com one can burn 105-285 calories in 30 minutes of bowling, depending on your weight.
– If you are 72 kgs than you burn 219 calories in one hour
– If you are 91 kgs than you burn 273 calories in one hour
– If you are 109 kgs than you burn 327 calories in one hour
Talking to your loved ones on the phone in the office basement? No, don’t stop, just start walking up and down the stairs while you continue your act of care. This wil not only burn calories but tone your glutes, as well!
Body weight influences caloric usage during 5 minutes of stair climbing. 30 min at a pace of 8 min per mile burns 500 calories. How many calories you burn depends on your body weight. The more you weigh the harder your body has to work and so the more calories you burn.
Clean, mop and dust your house for 2 hours and burn 500 calories for sure!
It depends on your current weight, how long you work, how hard you work and what activities you do. The type of activity you’re doing makes a difference.If a person weighing 45kgs spends 15 minutes mopping, he/she will burn 77 calories. Washing dishes for 15 minutes would burn 38 calories. Scrubbing the floors would burn 65 calories.
And if this doesn’t sound interesting, you can just turn on your favorite playlist and dance with your broom too! That can boost the number of calories burnt by another 15%!
2. Don’t just stop there. If you’re on the phone, walk around while you talk. You’ll burn more calories standing than sitting. Stand while talking on the phone. Better yet, try a standing desk — or improvise with a high table or counter. Eat lunch standing up.
If you can’t get away from your desk, try standing to make a phone call or read a report. Even shutting your office door to squeeze in 5 minutes of pushups or jumping jacks can burn another 50 calories.
3. Six hours of kissing burns 500 calories!
Foreplay burns fewer calories. A person weighing 70 kgs would burn 25 calories in 15 minutes of foreplay. Stretch foreplay out to burn more calories. The same person would burn 216 calories in 45 minutes of foreplay.
4. Oral sex: 100 calories
5. Woman on top, 10 minutes: 300 calories for women, 130 calories for men.
6. Sex standing up: Up to 600 calories for both people.
What’s the use of just watching Kareena shaking her booty on popular Bollywood tracks? Go join a Zumba class yourself and burn 500 calories! Provided you give your full effort throughout the class!
7. Dancing gives your body a complete workout. Rumba is good for stretching; it increases your flexibility and builds muscle strength. Most dance forms concentrate on your core muscles, especially the back. A fast dance form like jive works on your legs, as well as your arms. A person weighing 70 kgs would need to do fast ballroom dancing for approximately one hour and 25 minutes to burn 500 calories, according to Nutristrategy.
8. Two hours and ten minutes of standing and playing a guitar burns 500 calories.And who knows you may turn out to be the next rockstar! A healthy Rockstar!!
9. Skip rope! You’ll have burned a whopping 502 calories after skipping for just 51 minutes; you can break it up into two-minute segments during commercial breaks of your favorite shows.
10. Punish a punching bag for 70 minutes to burn 500 calories.
Think of someone who annoys you and swing away. Not only will this help burn those extra calories, it will also de-stress you quite effectively!
11. Brisk walking at a pace of 4 MPH for 90 minutes will burn 500 calories. When at work take just 20 minutes during lunch to briskly walk around outside while running errands or catching up on your phone calls; you’ll not only burn 81 calories with each 10 minute task, but you’ll also benefit from the fresh air.
12. Running at 6 MPH for 42 minutes will burn 500 calories. Wake up an hour earlier than you normally would, wear your running shoes and get started.
As quoted by Livestrong.com, the Ladies Home Journal website reveals that a woman weighing 58 kgs burns 531 calories running for one hour at a pace of 11 minutes per mile. Blast extra calories by adding speed intervals or jogging over hills.
13. Go play with your kids. 90 minutes of moderate play time with your tiny tots does the trick, plus, they’ll love it and you will sweat out those 500 calories too!
14. Leisurely swimming works best on a summer day; 65 minutes of it burns 500 calories! Depends on how fast you are swimming, what stroke, and how much you weigh, it is a broad range from about 450 to 950 calories per hour.
So get the swimming costume out of the closet and take a plunge!
15. Cycle away those extra calories. You will find this pedal power great fun. Suitable for everyone, any age or level of fitness, cycling helps weight loss as it burns calories, improves health and gets you out and about.
Depending on your weight and exertion level, cycling will help you lose weight by burning off between 75-670 extra calories in each half-hour session. Someone who weighs 110 kgs burns 500 calories over the course of an hour of biking at a semi-leisurely pace.
16. How about aerobics? Get at least 150 minutes a week of moderate aerobic activity or 75 minutes a week of vigorous aerobic activity. However, to effectively lose or maintain weight, some people may need up to 300 minutes a week of moderate physical activity. You can also do a combination of moderate and vigorous activities. Each session of activity should be at least 10 minutes in duration. High-impact aerobics burns 511 calories every day!