Plastic is the most versatile material on our planet. Its light, durable, and resilient nature make it amongst the most popular materials used in the manufacturing of millions of different products worldwide.
Before we dwell deeper into the world all plastic let us first take a look at the basics. Plastic or polymers (plastic’s scientific name) can be categorized into two types; thermoplastics and thermosets. Thermoplastics are the most popular form of this material and has the ability to melt when heated and hardened when cooled. Thermosets, on the other hand, do not soften after molding and offer little to no flexibility.
Since thermoplastics account for nearly 80% of global plastic consumption let us take a look at some of the most popular thermoplastics available in the market.
- Polyethylene: This type of this petroleum byproduct is used predominantly in single-use packaging.
- Polypropylene: Used for car bumpers, drinking straws and more.
- Polystyrene: Great choice for insulation panels, packaging, and yogurt cups.
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC): Used in construction, piping, and drains.
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET): Used for synthetic fibres and bottles.
Tips On Finding Plastic Distributors & Custom Fabrication Companies
So now that we know about the various types of plastics lets take a look at its uses, especially, from a construction perspective. The versatile nature of plastic makes it an excellent material for residential and commercial building projects. The flexibility, resilience, and durability that it offers make it the preferred choice for piping, guttering, and windows.
The fact that this durable material isn’t biodegradable also means that it can weather all of nature’s elements offering unmatched durability and resilience. Sheets made from plastics such as PVC, polyester, and polymethylmethacrylate are excellent materials for the protection of the roofing of your home or commercial property.
Plastic is used in almost all aspects of a construction project including facade panels, exterior coverings, windows, shutters, wall linings, floor covering, ceilings and counter ceilings, roof coverings, sanitary equipment, and insulation.
The procurement of these materials for your construction project can often become tricky as there are many types of plastics and plastic qualities in building construction. A reliable plastic distributor that offers competitive rates, excellent service, on-time delivery, and a vast inventory can often be difficult to find. Here are a few tips to help you along.
- Variety: The more inventory or stock that a distributor has the better it is. This allows you to get all your plastic building materials from one supplier saving time and money. A larger variety offers many choices in terms of colors, thickness, and textures.
- Credibility: The more reputable a distributor or supplier is the better quality products you are likely to receive at fair prices.
- Service & Delivery Time: There is nothing worse than having your construction project delayed due to untimely delivery of necessary building plastics.
Always find reliable and well-established plastic distributors for your building plastic needs. You want a distributor that is able to handle all your building plastic needs whether it is custom fabrications, plastic sheetings, pipings or roofing. One of the most well-established and reliable distributors of building plastics and sheets is Regal Plastics. To learn more visit https://www.regal-plastics.com/