The holidays are always a great time to find out where you stand in a relationship. No matter how much someone attempts to downplay them and persuade others that they’re just “not into the holidays,” everyone knows that it is the holidays that bring families and couples together. This is especially true for Valentine’s Day. It’s the one day out of the year that every couple proclaims their love for one another and spend time doing the same thing they’d do any other day.
In hindsight, I can understand why certain people revere Valentine’s Day as a silly holiday, but being that it is the only holiday in the month of February, what does it hurt to acknowledge it? Well, it hurts if you’re a guy juggling multiple women who aren’t aware of one another. Valentine’s Day has been jokingly renamed “Side Chick Revelation Day” because it is the day that men are forced to choose one woman to spend his time with. Time is not to be confused with gifts, as a person can mail gifts at the click of a button. Time is the most precious gift a man can give a woman on Valentine’s Day and if he’s not giving you his time, he’s giving it to someone else. Here are five ways to find out if your man is cheating on Valentine’s Day:
- He wants to celebrate the day before or the day after Valentine’s Day: If your man is celebrating the holiday with you Feb. 10-13 or Feb. 15-18, chances are he’s cheating. Valentine’s Day takes place on one day. If he is finding excuses not to spend that day with you but wants to spend days before or after celebrating, you’re not the only one.
- His work demands are suddenly increasing around Valentine’s Day: If your man starts telling you a week or so before Valentine’s Day that his work schedule is more demanding and he may be spending a lot of time at work on Valentine’s Day, he’s cheating. He’s attempting to settle your mind before you catch on to the fact that he isn’t going to be spending time with you.
- He doesn’t spend “prime time” with you on Valentine’s Day: If your man is a clever cheater, he may attempt to spend some time with you on Valentine’s Day, but he’s going to make sure he’s spending “prime time” (7pm-midnight) with someone else. Most couples go to dinner and spend quality time together during prime time hours. If he’s having Valentine’s Day brunch with you and is missing during the evening, he’s with someone else.
- He has a sudden emergency on Valentine’s Day: If your man claims that “something” came up and he can’t articulate what the matter is at that point and time, he’s spending Valentine’s Day with someone else.
- He showers you with gifts but not his time: As mentioned previously, a man’s time is the most precious gift he can give his woman on Valentine’s Day. No matter how lavish his gifts are, if he isn’t spending time with you on Valentine’s Day, he’s with someone else.
There are obviously exceptions to the aforementioned circumstances (e.g. your man works the night shift), so don’t jump to conclusions too quickly if any one of the situations occurs; however, if your man has already been showing signs of inconsistency and you are experiencing one of the five things listed above, it’s safe to assume that something isn’t right. Allow him to explain himself and if you’re instinct leads you to believe the explanation he’s providing you is untruthful, it is up to you to decide how you’d like to move forward in the relationship.