1. Cyber-stalking: Imagine waking up to a thousand notifications from a person you have just met, he has not only liked each and every picture of yours but has also made a point to comment on them. Well, it is bound to send a shiver down your spine picturing that the guy dug into your social media profile all through the night.
2. Hinting about marriage: How can you expect someone to commit to you when that person barely knows you. You might be a wonderful person and may have already started picturing her as the mother of your children and your soul-mate and other things but, she still doesn’t feel the same way for you. It’s like you’re pressurising her to define the relationship and remember it’s a stereotype that only men are commitment-phobic, women can also be afraid to commit.
3. Bragging about money: It’s an earnest request to all the men out there, please STOP thinking that she needs your money. It’s nothing more satisfying for a woman to live on her own and being able to buy whatever she needs with her own hard-earned money. So, please refrain from bragging how rich you’re, even though, inadvertently, as you cannot buy her love with money.
4. Incessant texting: You have just entered her life and you want minute-by-minute updates from her. Wasn’t she eating food properly before she met you or can’t she sleep without a ‘good night’ message from you? It’s irksome and you come across as pushy. Girls see these guys as potential psycho stalkers and want to run away from them.
5. Relentless calls: There’s always a reason why someone hasn’t reverted to your text or phone call. Making frantic calls won’t make a difference when a person is busy or has decided not to talk to you. This just means that you’re clingy and aren’t busy enough to have a life of your own.
6. Paying for everything: So both of you went for lunch and ate equally. Why should one person be bearing the cost of the entire meal? It’s completely okay if you both pay alternatively but it’s unacceptable when someone whips out their wallet every time they see a cash register. This just starts to make a woman feel that the man wants her to be indebted to him, whereas splitting the cost makes her feel equally respected.
7. The ‘S’ talk: Bringing sex in the conversation too soon just indicates that the guy wants to get laid and he has probably tried it with a couple of ladies already but haven’t had any luck so far. You need to give considerable time for taking the relationship to the next level.
8. Boasting about past relationships: Okay, so you might have dated countless girls in the past but the truth is that none of those relationships worked for you. Why would you like to boast about it then especially when it’s indicative of the fact that there must be a problem with your behavior or you’ve had commitment issues in the past?
9. Showering with unnecessary gifts: There are NO visceral feelings women develop towards men who buy them things. Plus, gifts and especially those extravagant ones only impress gold-diggers who don’t stay longer either. Money can’t buy you her approval or love, so do yourself a favour and refrain from such practices.