Man Allegedly Shot By SARS Is Alive – Keyamo

Man Allegedly Shot By SARS Is Alive – Keyamo

By Wires Editor | The Trent on October 4, 2020
0
delta Festus Keyamo, Buba Galadima, Doyin Okupe ,
Festus Keyamo, junior minister of labour and productivity in an undated photo

Festus Keyamo, the minister of state for labour, has said the victim of an alleged shooting by the police in Ughelli, Delta State, is alive.

In a tweet from the Minister’s handle on Sunday, October 4, 2020, he explained that he spoke with the brother of the victim, Ochuko.

“The outfit involved in this case is called Operation Delta Safe and not SARS (b) the victim was not shot as confirmed by his brother but fell out of the Police vehicle when being taken to the station after arrest,” the minister said while condemning alleged extra-judicial killings by officers of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (F-SARS) and other units of the police. “The brother said he was pushed; the Police said he jumped.”

The Minister who shared a photo of the victim on the hospital bed with injuries, further narrated that after he (victim) fell, police officers wanted to pick him up “but an angry mob had already gathered and the Police fled and left the victim. A Good Samaritan picked him & took him to hospital.” 

While calling on youths in Ughelli not to take to violence and the destruction of lives and properties, he assured that “I am on top of this matter and though the victim is alive, I will be urging the authorities to still investigate the conduct of the Police in this matter.”

Source: ChannelsTv

NO COMMENTS

Leave a Comment

To leave a comment anonymously, simple write your thoughts in the comments box below and click the ‘post comment’ button.