The ruling party of Nigeria, the All Progressives Congress, APC, has set up a ten-member, all male, committee headed by a vocal opponent of the idea of restructuring Nigeria, Governor Nasir El Rufai of Kaduna State, to “articulate the position on restructuring the country”.
In an e-mailed statement to The Trent on Wednesday, July 19, 2017, signed by Bolaji Abdullahi, the party’s spokesperson, the APC said that this move was in response to the “various agitations on restructuring, the concept has assumed several disparate meanings”.
“In the light of this, at the fifth regular joint APC National Working Committee (NWC) /APC Governors meeting which held on Wednesday, July 19, 2017 a committee was setup to articulate the party’s notion on restructuring,” the statement said.
The membership of the committee is as follows:
- Governor of Kaduna State, Mallam Nasir el-rufai (Chairman)
- Governor of Osun State, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola
- Governor of Kano, Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje
- Governor of Plateau State, Simon Lalong
- Governor of Ogun State Governor, Ibikunle Amosun
- Former Governor of Edo State, Prof. Oserheimen Osunbor
- APC National Organising Secretary, Sen. Osita Izunaso
- APC National Publicity Secretary, Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi
- Hajiya Fatima Balla
- Senator Olubunmi Adetunmbi (Secretary)
A few weeks ago, Governor El Rufai while speaking on Channels TV said that the people calling for restructuring of the country saying that they are opportunists and irresponsible.