#SoundOff: 10 Reasons I Believe That Buhari’s Government Is Irresponsible

#SoundOff: 10 Reasons I Believe That Buhari’s Government Is Irresponsible

By Opinions | The Trent on August 15, 2016
0
Amnesty Rann Bombing Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari
Nigerian president Muhammadu Buhari gives an interview to Agence France-presse at his hotel during the 25th African Summit on June 14, 2015 in Johannesburg. | Mujahid Safodian/AFP/Getty Images

Why do I agree with those who say that the government of General Muhammadu Buhari is irresponsible? Here are 10 reasons”

1.  General Buhari is the father, by way of speaking, father of the Northern and Southern Nigeria; it is only an irresponsible Father that divides along poles – this child devoted only 5% votes to get elected as president the other child 95% yet refuses the non-voting child to look for a nice foster parent.

2.  It is only a wicked father that locks the children in a room to starve them because they dedicated only 5% of votes to him.

3.  It is only a wicked father that would assume office as president and dedicates a quarter of his term seeking for ministers and aides to assist him and, behold, appoints recycled hands.

4.  Only wicked father promises to revamp the economy so that in creating the right environment for businesses to thrive they will be independent but then gets on it so slow that the economy is now sliding into a recession and still, he won’t seek experts to it for him.

5.  It is only a wicked father who looks away while his wife bears Hermes Croc bag worth over N40 million in a recession, while school fees for poor Nigerian kids are being increased and children are being sent out of school!

6.  Wicked! A leader whose natural born children all school abroad. During President Goodluck Jonathan’s time, his children all schooled in Nigeria – even when he was president of the country.

7.  When President Muhammadu Buhari was sworn into office on May 29, 2015,   Naira exchanged at N120/$1 in the parallel market. Today, exchanges at N390/$1 in the same parallel market.

8.  It took People’s Democratic Party, PDP, 16 years to “bring down the Nigerian economy” for those of us who failed to see the positive economy index at the time, but it is taking APC/Buhari only 16 months to destroy it more.

9.  We read All Progressives Congress, APC chairman, John Oyegun, at his 77th birthday, say APC did not realize so much damage had been done at the time they campaigned. The question is – now that you see, what solution do you have? None? Then, resign! But like the wicked father, Buhari is holding onto a sinking ship as it goes deeper and deeper into the ocean, further endangering more children – this is after they have secured himself and his family and friends.

10.  Till date Buhari has no economic team even in the face of recession and galloping inflation! If that is not a deliberate act of wickedness to intentionally punish Nigerians for not voting for him at previous elections, then what is?

Carol Ajie is a human rights attorney. She can be reached by email HERE.

The opinions expressed in this article are solely those of the author. 

NO COMMENTS

Leave a Comment

To leave a comment anonymously, simple write your thoughts in the comments box below and click the ‘post comment’ button.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.