22.5 C
New York
Thursday, July 18, 2024

Hollywood Star Jonathan Majors Breaks Silence Following Guilty Verdict in Domestic Case

Must read

NEW YORK, USA – Jonathan Majors, the 34-year-old actor known for his roles in Marvel’s “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania” and “Creed III”, has publicly declared his innocence regarding his ex-girlfriend’s injuries.

This comes after a jury found him guilty of misdemeanor assault and harassment last month, a verdict that has significantly impacted his career in Hollywood.

The case originated from a domestic dispute on March 25, 2023, between Majors and Grace Jabbari in New York City. The jury concluded that while Majors did not intend to injure Jabbari, his actions were reckless.

Despite this, Majors stated, “I was reckless with her heart … not with her body,” maintaining that their relationship was emotionally turbulent but not physically abusive.

During the trial, the prosecution presented text messages indicating Majors’ suicidal thoughts and a recording where he compared himself to prominent figures like Martin Luther King Jr. and Barack Obama, urging Jabbari to emulate Coretta Scott King and Michelle Obama.

Majors clarified that these comparisons were aspirational, not literal.

“It was me trying to give an analogy of what I am aspiring to be, these great men, Martin, President Obama, and trying to give reference point to that,” Majors revealed.

“One thing I also say is like I need her, and in that case Grace, to make the same sacrifices I am making.”

The repercussions of the trial were immediate and profound. Majors, slated to play a significant role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, was dropped by Marvel Studios, affecting his involvement in upcoming major projects like “Avengers: The Kang Dynasty.”

In an exclusive interview with ABC News’ Linsey Davis, which aired partially on Good Morning America on Monday, January 8, 2023, Majors expressed shock and fear at the verdict.

He was found guilty of two out of four counts, with the jury acquitting him of third-degree intentional assault and second-degree aggravated harassment.

Prosecutors alleged that Majors caused physical harm to Jabbari, including a fractured middle finger and a cut behind her ear. Majors consistently denied these allegations, asserting he was the actual victim in the situation.

He claimed ignorance about the origin of Jabbari’s injuries, saying, “I wish to God I knew. That would give clarity. That would give me some kind of peace about it.”

Reflecting on the night of the incident, Majors admitted that his decision to be in the car with Jabbari was a mistake. However, he firmly denied causing any physical harm to her. “My hands have never struck a woman ever,” he emphasized.

“I shouldn’t have been in the car. … If I’m not in the car, none of this is happening. If I leave the relationship, none of this is happening. If I’m man enough or brave enough to say, ‘I want to see somebody else or I’m done now,’ I’m not in that car. We’re not here. I’m responsible for those things,” the actor said.

The emotional toll of the trial and its aftermath is evident. Majors has not seen his daughter for an extended period, a situation he attributes to the ongoing case.

“It has been very, very, very hard and very difficult and confusing in many ways. I haven’t seen my daughter in a long time, you know? A lot of it has to do with this situation,” he said.

Majors plans to appeal the verdict, with his sentencing scheduled for February 6.

More articles

- Advertisement -The Fast Track to Earning Income as a Publisher
- Advertisement -The Fast Track to Earning Income as a Publisher
- Advertisement -Top 20 Blogs Lifestyle

Latest article