Olujonwo Obasanjo, one of the sons of Olusegun Obasanjo, former president of Nigeria, has rebuked an alleged claim that he was missing.
Last week, Olujonwo ‘s mother in an interview granted with the Sun had said her son had been missing and that security agents had been alerted to that effect.
Recall that Taiwo Obasanjo, Olujonwo’s mother, made a fuss about the wedding last year when she went to court to try to stop the wedding from taking place.
The former, Mrs. Obasanjo argued that she had received a spiritual warning against her son having a big wedding. She said if he is to have a loud wedding at all, it must be done after his 34th birthday in June 2017 Despite her pleas and objection, Olujonwo and Tope with the help of their fathers, had a flamboyant wedding in May.
But, in a statement dated February 7, 2018, and signed by the 34-year-old Olujonwo Obasanjo, which was made available to journalists in Abeokuta on Thursday, February 8, 2018, he wondered how he could be placed on missing persons’ list at his age.
In the statement titled, ‘I am neither missing nor lost,’ the former president First Son declared that of his own volition, he decided to “keep away” for now.
The statement read in part, “At my age of over 34 years, it is ridiculous to the extreme that my mother would ask the Police to look for me.
“I am well, alive and kicking and the Police need not look for me.
“My siblings and others in my family … know my whereabouts and we keep interacting and communicating.
“My father, who has supported me and my decisions in every aspect of my life, has been in constant communication with me and he is aware that I am hale and hearty.
“This is my personal and deliberate decision.”
Concerning the rumour trailing his marriage, Olujonwo said he was old enough to marry and manage his marriage, “including to decide what to do with it if the need ever arises.”