Abba Kyari, an Assistant Commissioner of Police and head of the Nigerian Police Intelligence Response Team has arrived Offa town in Kwara state after the horrific armed robbery attack on several banks in the area on April 5, 2018. The crime buster arrived the town with his team for assessment.
Meanwhile, Police operatives have on April 11, 2018, reportedly arrested twelve (12) additional suspects in connection with the Offa banks robbery which left many dead and scores injured in Kwara state. The police also recovered handsets, Ipads and SIM cards belonging to victims of the robbery.
The suspects are;
i) Adegoke Shogo 29-years-old– Arrested in Offa
ii) Kayode Opadokun 35-years-old – Arrested in Offa
iii) Kazeem Abdulrasheed 36-years-old – Arrested in Offa
iv) Azeez Abdullahi 27-years-old– Arrested in Offa
v) Alexander Reuben 39-years-old – Arrested on April 11, 2018, in Lagos
vi) Jimoh Isa 28-years-old – Arrested on April 11, 2018, in Lagos
vii) Azeez Salawudeen 20-years-old – Arrested in Offa and victim’s phone and sim cards recovered from him
viii) Adewale Popoola 22-years-old – Arrested in Offa and victim’s phone and sim cards recovered from him
ix) Adetoyese Muftau 23-years-old – Arrested in Ibadan, Oyo State
x) Aminu Ibrahim 18-years-old – Arrested in Ilorin
xi) Richard Buba Terry 23-years-old – Arrested in Ilorin
xii) Peter Jaba Kuunfa 25-years-old – Arrested in Ilorin
These three (3) last suspects in whose possession another Beretta pistol and Fourteen (14) rounds of live ammunitions were recovered.
i. Two (2) Beretta Pistols
ii. Twenty (20) Rounds of Live Ammunition
iii. Four (4) Phones and SIM cards belonging to victims, some of whom were killed during the attack.
Consequent on Ibrahim K. Idris NPM, mni, the Inspector General of Police, deployment of high-powered Police Investigation Team, Armoured Personnel Carrier, APC, Three (3) units of Police Mobile Force, PMF, and Anti-Robbery equipment to Kwara State to carryout discreet investigation into the banks robbery, prevent further attacks and bring perpetrators to justice; the high-powered Police Investigation Team deployed in synergy with the State Criminal Intelligence and Investigation Department have arrested the Nine (9) above mentioned Armed Robbers directly involved in the Banks Robbery and attack on a Police Station in Offa, Kwara State.
2. The Police teams engaged in massive raids of identified criminal spots/flashpoints, stop and search operations, visibility and confidence-building patrols, intelligence gathering which led to the arrest of the suspects. Some of the arrest also involved serious exchange of gun fire between the Police and the suspects in their various hideouts.
3. The following are the suspects arrested and have admitted to the various criminal roles they played in the banks robbery attacks and are also assisting Police investigation into the incident.
i) Adegoke Shogo 29-years-old Native of Offa Kwara State, he was arrested in Offa after the bank robbery and the attack on the Police Station. He is a drug baron and also an Indian Hemp dealer in Offa Kwara State. According to intelligence gathered from cultivated and reliable informant, he is alleged to be one of the sponsors of the robbery attack and the Police Station in Offa. He has made useful statements to the roles he played in the armed robbery.
ii) Kayode Opadokun 35-years-old Native of Offa Kwara State, He was found out to have been released from Prison Three (3) months ago after Serving only 8months of his sentence years for Armed Robbery, Notorious Armed Robber and confirmed Gang member of the Offa Bank Robbers. A Barrette pistol and six (6) rounds of live ammunition was recovered from him. He has admitted to the criminal roles he played in the Offa Banks robbery.
iii) Kazeem Abdulrasheed 36-years-old Native of Offa Kwara State, A Gang member from whom a Victim’s phone was found. He was arrested in Offa
iv) Azeez Abdullahi 27-years-old Native of Offa Kwara State, Gang member from whom a Victim’s Phone and SIM Cards were recovered.
v) Alexander Reuben 39-years-old Native of Isoko LGA Delta state, He is a Notorious, Deadly and Hardened Bank robber from whom GMPGs, Rocket launchers, and Several Rifles were recovered in 2015, He was released from Prison in December 2017. He was arrested on April 11, 2018, in Lagos.
vi) Jimoh Isa 28-years-old Native of Okene Kogi State indicted by Technical intelligence generated on the Bank Robbers. He was arrested on April 11, 2018, in Lagos.
4. Three (3) suspects namely Azeez Salawudeen 20-years-old, Adewale Popoola 22-years-old and Adetoyese Muftau 23-years-old from whom Two (2) phones and SIM cards belonging to victims were recovered have also made confessional statements admitting to the various roles they played in the commission of the crime.
5. (i) Aminu Ibrahim 18-years-old– Arrested in Ilorin,
ii) Richard Buba Terry 23-years-old and
iii) Peter Jaba Kuunfa 25-years-old
These three (3) suspects in whose possession another Beretta pistol and Fourteen (14) rounds of live ammunitions were recovered were arrested in connection with the Offa bank robbery. They have previously been investigated and charged to court for armed robbery and cultism. They have made confessional statements admitting to the various criminal roles they played in the recent bank robbery in Offa.
6. All the suspects during investigation confessed to the various criminal roles they played in the commission of the crime, however, investigation is being intensified to arrest other suspects still at large and bring them to justice.
7. The Nigeria Police Force once again deeply commiserates with the Government and People of Kwara State, most especially the people of Offa and the families of the victims. The Force will leave no stone unturned in unravelling this dastard act and bring all those responsible to justice. The Force appreciates the supports from members of the public so far and calls for calm and their cooperation to sustain the normalcy that has been restored in the State.
ACP JIMOH MOSHOOD
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER