Eleven senators of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) have defected to the All Progressives Congress (APC), bringing the number of APC senators to 44, according to reports by ThisDay newspapers.
The number is just half of the number of senators that were speculated would be leaving PDP for APC.
Senator Magnus Abe of Rivers State is among the eleven that submitted their letter to Senate President David Mark on Wednesday, January 29th 2014, asking to defect to the opposition.
PDP, however, maintains its majority in the upper chamber of the National Assembly.
See the full list of the defected senators below:
1. Senator Bukola Saraki-Kwara Central
2. Senator Umaru Dahiru-Sokoto South
3. Senator Magnus Ngei Abe -Rivers South-East
4. Senator Wilson Asinobi Ake-Rivers West
5. Senator Bindawa Muhammed Jibrilla-Adamawa North
6. Senator Mohammed Danjuma Goje-Gombe central
7. Senator Aisha Jummai Alhassan-Taraba North
8. Senator Mohammed Ali Ndume-Borno South
9. Senator Mohammed Shaba Lafiaji-Kwara North
10. Senator Abdulahi Adamu-Nasarawa West
11. Senator Ibrahim Abdullahi Gobir-Sokoto East