anambra kaduna secretary ogoniland abuja Calabar Akwa Ibom port harcourt pigs journalists boy jumia lagos
Stock Image

A five-year old boy whose names has not been provided to the media burnt to death in his home after his father locked him indoor, The Nation reports.

The deceased and his brother were locked inside a room when fire engulfed their building.

Their victims’ father was said to have gone out to buy something when the incident occurred.

The incident happened at Ijorgbor Street, Upper Sokponba road in Ikpoba-Okha local government area of Edo State.

Neighbours watched helplessly as the boy cried for help until he was killed by the inferno.

One of the sympathizers broke through a burglary proof in one of the windows to rescue one of the brothers.

The intensity of the fire prevented rescuers from getting to the second brother.

An eyewitness, who gave his name as Osamudiamen Edobor, said it was shocking for parents to lock in their children only for them to die.

“They have stove and generator in that room. The man was cooking in the room. It is sad that one of the children died,” Edobor added.

This kind of tragedy happens too frequently in Nigeria. In December 2016, a woman, Ngozi Ifediba lost her three children to a house fire after locking them inside the house and going out.

NO COMMENTS

Leave a Comment

To leave a comment anonymously, simple write your thoughts in the comments box below and click the ‘post comment’ button.