Fire has razed over five rooms in Captain Amangala, Old Port Harcourt Township, in Port Harcourt City Local Government Area of Rivers State.
The fire incident on Monday, November 29, 2021, is the sixth in less than two weeks in Port Harcourt
According to some residents in the area, the fire was as a result of illegally refined kerosene that exploded in one of the apartments.
Others, however, attributed the fire to a “gas explosion.”
Eyewitnesses said a lady from whose apartment the fire began was ” seriously burnt” but has been rushed to hospital.
The fire was eventually put off by some youths in the area.
A resident in the area blamed the incident on the government for failing to provide kerosene legally for the people, particularly in the face of the increasing price of cooking gas.
Source: Daily Post