It is worthy to note that provision of Water is prerequisite for the development of any society. It is in this regard that Gombe State government under Governor Ibrahim Dankwambo led administration is seriously committed to provide water in the state.
The commitment of Dankwambo administration to improve the supply of potable water to the people of Gombe State is beyond little imagination and incomparable to other previous administrations, where none of them (the previous administrations) has achieved what Governor Dankwambo achieved in his first four (4) years in office.
His administration has awarded contract for the rehabilitation and reticulation of pipelines in the State with extension to Kwami, Gadam, Bojude, Kompulata and Tappi and also awarded contract for water sustenance and maintenance of the Gombe Regional Water supply scheme and many other parts of the state at the cost of over N4 billion.
The following is the breakdown of some of the achievements of Gov.Dankwambo in the Water Resources:
– Rehabilitation/reticulation of Gombe pipelines and extension to Kwami, Gadam, Bojude, Tappi and Kompulata
– Completion of feasibility studies, design and reticulation works for supply of Water from Balanga Dam to Gelengu, Swa, Tula, Ture, Kaltungo, Boh, Billiri, and Kumo Towns
– Extension of water supply to Baure, Dangar, and other villages
– Rehabilitation of Malam Inna Water Supply Scheme
– Provision of Water Supply to the proposed industrial cluster/enterprise zone at Nasarawo
– Extension of Water reticulation project to Tunfure Community
– Establishment of Fish Fingering Hatchery centre at Dadinkowa
– Purchase of Fish feed machineries and equipment to Dadinkowa Fish Farms
– Improvement of Tula Water Scheme
– Procurement of Water purification chemicals
– Construction of three (3) hand pumps boreholes at NYSC Orientation camp
– Desilting of canals and regulatory devices at Balanga Dam
– Purchase of 2 Engine Boats
– Operation and Maintenance of Gombe Regional Water Supply Scheme
– Construction of Earth Dam at Boh, Shongom Local Government Area. ETC.
Abu-Ubaidah Ibrahim Kuna
Personal Assistant (Social Media) to His Excellency, The Executive Governor of Gombe State