With the passage of time, Marijuana has become quite popular for its medicinal benefits as well. The presence of CBD or cannabidiol in the marijuana plants has proved to be highly useful for a number of reasons. For those who do not know, cannabidiol is a type of cannabinoid, and as per the latest scientific studies, these compounds can affect our bodies in positive ways.
As a matter of fact, CBD is not psychoactive in nature; it means the compound does not get in the way of the endocannabinoid system, which is the reason why THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) and CBD are so similar in nature. Nevertheless, CBD does show a wide range of effects over various regions of the body. The nonpsychoactive nature of CBD makes it useful for the treatment of different sorts of diseases. In order to help you know more in this regard, let us provide you some details about the ways in which CBD affect our body.
Effects of CBD on the human body explained
- As a matter of fact, CBD triggers the activation of various receptors as well as ion channels, such as the adensodine receptors. These receptors are responsible for the release of the two main neurotransmitters, which are- glutamate and dopamine. In addition, CBD also activates the serotonin receptors and the vanilloid receptors. For those who do not know, the serotonin receptors play a vital role in various neurological and biological processes. On the other hand, vanilliod receptors are responsible for controlling inflammations, body temperature, as well as the capability to feel pain. When you take CBD in high concentrations, it activates all the above mentioned receptors.
- In the human body, GPR55 is called as an orphan receptor. In this case, the intake of CBD deactivates this receptor, which plays a vital role in managing cancer cell growth, bone density, and blood pressure.
- CBD is also found to be quite effective when it comes to improving the health conditions of joints and organs. We all know that arthritis is one such inflammatory kind of disease which weakens the joints in our body. In this regard, CBD can add more strength to the joint muscles in our body.
- CBD slows down the breakdown and “reuptake” of neurotransmitters that belong to the endogenous category. Anandamide is one such endogenous neurotransmitter. Now, this action increases the amount of endocannabinoids which is present in synapses of our brain. As a matter of fact, the endocannabiniods are responsible for enhancing the natural neuroprotective effects of the human body. This is the reason why CBD is considered as helpful in lowering down the level of anxiety in the human brain. In addition, it also improves the anti-inflammatory aspect of our body.
- If you want to improve your digestion ability, or want to get respite from inflammatory bowel diseases then CBD can really help you out. The anti-inflammatory property of CBD helps quite a lot in solving digestion issues.
- CBD can either increase or slow down the binding capability of various receptors from the G-coupled protein category.
- CBD triggers the activation of PPARs or peroxisome proliferator activated receptors, particularly on the cancerous cells. As a result, it leads to an anti-proliferative effect as well as often leads to the regression of tumor. Now, this very effect of CBD on the human body can be used for the treatment of various diseases, such as diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, as well as other metabolic functions.
- CBD also proves to be effective in adjusting the shape of a category of receptors known as allosteric. In other words, CBD has the ability to enhance or slow down the ability of the receptor to send signals. In a study conducted during the year 2006, it was figured out that when CBD leads to positive modulation of allosteric receptors; it increases the ability of our body to send gamma-aminobutyric acid or GABA. In case you do not know, GABA is the prime inhibitory neurotransmitter present in our CNS (central nervous system). In addition, another study conducted in the year 2015 proved that when negative modulation of allosteric receptors is carried out by CBD, it lowers down the psychoactive effects.
- When it comes to getting relief from pain, CBD works quite effectively. One of the main benefits associated with CBD is that unlike other pain killers, it does not have any kind of side effect. You can purchase CBD infused edibles from any reputed brand and get respite from pain instantly.
So, those were some of the prime effects of CBD on our body. Apart from them, CBD also works effectively in improving our appetite. It also speeds up the functioning of our brain. This is the reason why the demand of these gummies is getting higher and higher with the passage of time.