Each day we wake up and have before us a new opportunity, a blank slate that we can fill with whatever we choose. We are in total control of what we will accomplish each day. Here are a few things I have found that help me to make the most of every day:
The victory of success is half won when one gains the habit of setting goals and achieving them. Even the most tedious chore will become endurable as you parade through each day convinced that every task, no matter how menial or boring, brings you closer to fulfilling your dreams. – Og Mandino
1. Making the most of my day really starts the night prior when I choose to go to bed at an early hour in order to allow myself to get a good night’s sleep so I can awake rested and ready to face my day.
2. If I wake up early it helps me get a good start to the day by having time to have a good breakfast, read a few pages from an inspirational book to get my mind focused on the positive.
3. I have found that writing motivational quotes or sayings on my bathroom mirror with post it notes or dry erase markers really helps me to subconsciously focus on feeling positive as I start my day.
4. If my work space is clean and organized I find my mind can think more clearly and I can accomplish more.
5. If I can start my day with a checklist of the “must-do todays,” I can stay focused on my top priorities, and I am more likely to finish those things on this checklist before the day is done.
6. Going into my day expecting to accomplish great things typically ensures that great things will happen.
7. Keeping positive quotes and sayings around my workspace keeps me motivated and focused on a positive attitude and outlook. They keep me in a successful frame of mind.
8. I find that if I make the voice in my head remind me throughout the day that today I will accomplish everything on my list and today I will do great things, that I will have more success in my day.
9. Acknowledging the great people around you who are also doing great things each day, is a great way to feel gratitude for all you have been given. By the same token, I find that acknowledging God’s hand in my blessings throughout the day helps keep me both humble and grateful for all that I have.
10. Before I go to sleep at night I remind myself that I accomplished many things that day. Even if I made mistakes or had failures during my day, I try to identify what I learned from them, and I commit to be more dedicated tomorrow to making sure I don’t make the same mistakes again. Thus, I will constantly be improving.
I realize that none of these tips seem mind blowing or significant, but it’s these small and simple things help me to make the most of each day.
The greatest successes in life don’t always require the mind of a genius or huge sums of money. The greatest successes in this world are often achieved by very ordinary people who make a very extraordinary effort. Attitude, work ethic, and gratitude may seem like small and simple things, but when applied to your daily life they can make a huge impact to your level of success.