Use this handy cheat sheet to expand your romantic vocabulary!
Marriage and relationship experts agree on the importance of communicating love to our partners often and in a variety of forms. In his New York Times bestseller The 5 Love Languages, Gary Chapman makes a strong case for spouses learning to communicate love to one another in many forms. Not the least of these is through the spoken and written word.
“I love you.” It’s vital these three important words be conveyed regularly and often to keep a relationship healthy and strong. How To Say “I Love You” Without Words
Throughout the almost 30 years of their marriage, Jim and Carrie Gordon — authors of The Intimate Couple and The Romantic Couple websites — have given and received hundreds of love letters and romantic cards to and from each other. Carrie asserts that Jim is a true romantic and has a keen ability to include romantic phrases in the love letters and greeting cards he gives to her. His use of romantic expressions clearly communicates “I love you” to Carrie!
Recently, Carrie sifted through her growing collection of cards and love letters from Jim to compile a list of loving words, romantic phrases and expressions of passion. We’re including her partial list here as a cheat sheet for guys to use!
Refer to this handy list of romantic sayings the next time you’re looking for a special phrase to personalize a purchased greeting card, add variety to a love letter or email, include in a text, write on a bathroom mirror or use in a note tucked inside a book. 3 Love Lessons From ‘The Hunger Games’
1. You, sweetheart, are my one and only.
2. You take my breath away.
3. Lovingly yours.
4. With you, forever won’t be too long.
5. To the world’s best wife!
6. When I see you, I think “Good job, God!”
7. You are the love of my life!
8. It’s awesome to spend my life with you!
9. Love you, sweetheart! Learn To Say ‘I Love You’ In Over 100 Languages
10. I treasure you.
11. I adore you.
12. Sweetheart, you stir my soul!
13. I’m head over heels for you.
14. I cherish you.
15. You turn me on!
16. Life is incomplete without you.
17. To the one I love:
18. We were made for each other!
19. You’re my soulmate and the love of my life. Advice: Is Finding A Soul Mate Unrealistic?
20. You’re one hot babe!
Jim & Carrie Gordon wrote this for Your Tango