The Federal Government has assured Nigerians that episodes like the Zamfara abduction will be the last under the present administration.
Speaking to State House correspondent on Monday, March 1, 2021, after a closed-door meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the statehouse, the minister of aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika said the government is working to ensure that there is no repeat of abductions in schools in the country.
“The government of President Muhammadu Buhari has done everything possible to ensure safe schools. It has recently rejigged the national security architecture… and everything that is made possible to stop this from happening again has been put in place,” the minister told journalists.
According to Senator Sirika, there may be possibilities that some people will try to embarrass the government, however, he boasts that the government has the resources to give the best when it comes to securing the country.
The minister who had earlier led a federal government delegation on a commiserative visit to Zamfara said President Buhari is saddened by the abduction of the students from Jangebe, adding that the government will use all the resources at its disposal to tackle the miscreants.
Sirika further stated that the federal government will continue to support the efforts of Zamfara, to ensure that the security issues besetting the state are resolved.