CEO of a Media Organisation needs an Executive and Editorial Assistant
The Chief Executive Officer, of Ziza Media, a leading media organisation is looking for an Executive and Editorial Assistant to join the growing and dynamic team in the company. The Executive And Editorial Assistant will work with our Executive Editor and Publisher and some of the work will be centred around social media and editorial support on our flagship brand, The Trent as well as on new properties.
As the Executive and Editorial Assistant of our CEO, you will be responsible for supporting to deliver and execute strategies for growing our organisations business and expand our media reach. You will ensure that the our CEO has excellent administrative support, enabling her to focus on business development and high-level management issues.
You will be an excellent organiser and communicator with a proactive and friendly attitude. You will have the multi-tasking ability and flexibility to work in this dynamic and ever-evolving environment, and will work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
The role is a full-time position and involves a busy travel schedule – local and foreign.
Your Key Duties Will Include:
o Editorial Support – your job description will include supporting your superior with her writing and editorial work across several platforms. This includes editorials, speeches, presentations, board presentations, minutes of meetings, research papers, and filling of forms.
o Social Media Content Management – you will create and execute strategies for the most effective route to drive all content produced across all social media platforms. You will also be responsible for crafting social media messages and campaigns for the CEO and for our flagship product.
o Performance Co-ordinator: Liaising with department leads in the organisation to ensure proper and timely feedback on projects to the CEO.
o Administrative support: Organising meetings, time/diary management, organising correspondence and following up on pending matters with limited direction, responding to urgent requests, organising and preparing documents, preparation of meeting and board papers, co-ordinating and booking travel arrangements, assisting with organising events.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Exceptional computer literacy.
- Highly developed organisational skills.
- Maturity to handle a range of situations.
- A meticulous and thorough nature.
- A strong sense of personal responsibility and initiative.
- Able to analyse qualitative data and do high quality research.
- Ability to work and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Ability to prepare high quality presentations using PowerPoint, video editing, and photo editing.
- Must be engaged with all current social trends and constantly evolve with the space, with a good understanding of emerging platforms.
- Well versed in Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and personal social presence would be an advantage here.
- Excellent understanding of online consumer behaviour and content consumption across websites, social media, email and hold strong working knowledge and experience with various social media marketing technologies, such as social monitoring and publishing/CMS platforms.
- Comfortable suggesting creative solutions to problems and bring ideas to the table.
- Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality
Experience and Education Required
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities. At least 3 years postgraduate experience.
About Ziza Media
Ziza Media is the media arm of Ziza Group. It is an equal opportunity employer. It is a media and marketing company with a focus on print, electronic, and new age media. To learn more, please visit www.zizagroup.com
If you think you have the relevant skills and experience to make a great Executive and Editorial Assistant and are looking for a role in a high performance team where you can make a real difference, then please send your application with a CV and cover letter to [email protected] or [email protected].