Daniel Henry, a 30-year-old old Nigerian has been found dead in India. The deceased was discovered in a rented apartment in Moregaon, Nalasopara near Mumbai.
According to The Times of India, Mr. Henry had rented a flat from an Indian, Qadeen Syed in December 2015. His decomposing body was found in the kitchen of the flat on Thursday, July 7, 2016.
A police report on the death of the Nigerian, whose visa had expired in April 22, 2016 says that he died of electrocution and it puts the time of death at three days before he was found.
Police Inspector Kailash Barve revealed that the police had ruled out foul play in the dead.
Neighbours complained of a foul odour coming from his flat, leading to a police investigation and forced entry. Police found his decomposing corpse in the apartment.
The news report his right hand was still touching the compressor of the refrigerator, which fueled the suspicion of electrocution.
Neighbours told journalists that Henry stayed alone but often invited male friends over for parties which “went on till late into the night”.
The police in India say that the Nigerian consulate has been informed of Henry’s death and his body has been taken to J. J. Hospital where an autopsy would be performed.
The landlord was summoned by the police to provide details on the Henry’s family in Nigeria.
The flat has been sealed pending the outcome of the police investigation.