Blogging can be a very effective way to generate leads and expand your brand. Unfortunately, many businesses don’t invest in blogging, because they don’t think it’s a worthwhile investment.
Others have started a blog and given up, because they didn’t invest in it long enough. If you are new to the game, create your blog using this comprehensive guide. Patel is one of the foremost leaders in the digital marketing industry, so his advice is worth its weight in gold.
If you are still skeptical about the benefits of blogging, you will want to read these statistics. They will almost certainly change your mind.
Consumers Value Blogs
All of your marketing efforts should have one purpose – satisfying the needs of your customers to earn their business. According to recent surveys, 90% of customers find blog content to be useful. These surveys also found that 70% of customers prefer learning about businesses through blog articles than ads.
Blogs Influence Customer Decisions
Blogs are also a very effective medium to influence customer buying decisions. B2B marketers that blog generate 67% more leads than those that do not. Those leads also tend to be more likely to convert into paying customers.
Blogging Has a Very High ROI
Blogging has a much higher ROI than PPC and social media traffic. There are two reasons:
- Blogging is almost free. You only have to pay a few dollars a month for hosting, which is significantly cheaper than paying for Adwords or Facebook ads. It’s a large time commitment, but still great for brands with limited budgets.
- Leads tend to be more valuable and likely to convert. People trust editorial content much more than advertisements, so conversions from blog visitors tend to be very high.
The ROI from PPC advertising has been plummeting in recent years, because CPCs have skyrocketed. The CPA from PPC ads is often over $300. Blogging will be even more appealing in the future if PPC costs continue to increase.
Blogging is Great for Generating More Exposure
Expanding your brand reach should always be one of your top priorities. Blogging is a very effective way to do so. Here are some reasons:
- Websites with blogs earn nearly twice as many backlinks. Not only does this help with your SEO rankings, but it also helps generate a steady stream of referral traffic.
- Businesses with blogs are often referenced on other websites. These references are known as co-citations, which also help improve search engine rankings.
- Websites with blogs rank for more search phrases in the SERPs, because they have 434% more indexed pages.
- Consumers love sharing interesting blog posts on social media. Therefore, they tend to generate much more social traffic.
- Businesses that publish high quality blog posts are more likely to be viewed as industry leaders, so they get more messages from prospective clients.
A growing number of businesses are beginning to realize that blogging is a great way to grow their reputation.
Blogging Helps You Maintain Long-term Relationships with Followers
Maintaining relationships with followers is very important. You can keep in touch with people on social media, but it’s often difficult, because they are usually focusing on multiple discussions. When you get customers to your blog, you have their undivided attention, which helps nurture relationships over time.
Ryan Kh is an experienced blogger, digital content, and social marketer. He is founder of Catalyst For Business and contributor to search giants like Yahoo Finance, MSN. He is passionate on covering topics like big data, business intelligence, startups and entrepreneurship. Connect with him on Twitter @ryankhgb.