The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed has expressed optimism that despite the recent attacks by insurgent, the Federal Government led by President Muhammadu Buhari’s would technically defeat Boko Haram before the end of this December deadline.
Mohammed made the remarks in Lagos yesterday, while briefing newsmen. He was accompanied by representatives of the Lagos Police Command and Department of State Services, DSS, at the premises of the National Theatre shortly after inspecting facilities at the complex as part of the tour of the parastatals under his ministry.
Reacting to attacks on Jiddari Polo, and Adawari Village, near Maiduguri metropolis, both in Borno State, where scores of people were killed between Sunday and Monday, the Minister said, “We have been vindicated because Bokom Haram have been decapitated compared to the past records.”
While insisting that Boko Haram sect has been technically defeated by the Nigerian military, Muhammed said the pockets of attacks still being witnessed in the country could not be compared to what the near war situation the sect subjected the country to same time last year.