A 23-years -old girl, identified as Esther, was on Monday, December 15, 2014 confirmed dead after drinking a dangerous insecticide known as Sniper following a fight she had with her younger sister in Bayelsa State.
The late Esther was reportedly discovered by a passerby along the Okaka Area of Yenagoa, Bayelsa state’s capital at about 6 PM on Friday, December 13, 2014, while she attempted to kill herself after swallowing the substance.
Leadership reports that the school certificate holder reportedly died on Sunday night from internal injuries from the corosive effects of the substance.
One of the eye witnesses who identified himself simply as Paul said the neighbours had stopped the girl from committing suicide after she had a fight with her younger sister.
Neigbours forced palm oil into her mouth with hope that it would help dilute the deadly substance she had taken before rushing her to the hospital.
One of their neighbours Mr Nengih who expressed shock over such tragic incident said, “We were shocked when someone raised the alarm that Esther had swallowed Sniper. She has been going through difficult times because of (failure to get) university admission. But that does not mean she should kill herself?It is sad.”