62 Lawyers Elevated To Rank Of Senior Advocate of Nigeria [SEE FULL LIST]
The Legal Practitioners’ Privileges Committee, LPPC, has approved the elevation of 62 legal practitioners to the rank of Senior Advocate of Nigeria, SAN. Hajo Bello, the chief registrar of the Supreme Court, made this known in a statement released on Thursday, September 29, 2022.
He said the decision was reached at the LPPC’s 154th plenary session held on Thursday. The registrar of the apex court explained that the rank of SAN is awarded as a mark of excellence to members of the legal profession who have distinguished themselves as advocates and academics.
Bello further stated that the swearing-in ceremony of the 62 legal practitioners is scheduled to take place on Monday, November 21. Among the lawyers to be elevated to the rank of SAN is Wahab Shittu, a private prosecutor who handles cases for the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
Sylvanus Tahir and Rotimi Oyedepo, who, according to TheCable, are lawyers with the EFCC, also made the list.
See the full list below:
1. Mohammed Abdullahi Abubakar, Esq.
2. Johnson Tarigho Omophe Ugboduma, Esq.
3. Lawrence Sunday Oko-Jaja, Esq.
4. Christopher Agbomeirhe Sunday Oshomegie, Esq.
5. Sanusi Olugbenga Sai’d, Esq.
6. Wahab Kunle Shittu, Esq.
7. Emmanuel Idemudia Oboh, Esq.
8. Diri Said Mohammed, Esq.
9. Oladipo Akanmu Tolani, Esq.
10. Ayodeji Oyewole Omotoso, Esq
11. Chijioke Ogbonna Erondu, Esq.
12. Ajoku Kingsley Obinna, Esq.
13. Yakubu Maikasuwa, Esq.
14. Henry Eshijonam Omu, Esq.
15. Dagogo Israel Iboroma, Esq.
16. Joseph Ademu Akubo, Esq.
17. Gozie Bertrand Obi, Esq.
18. Inam Akpadiagha Wilson Esq.
19. Abubakar Bature Sulu-Gambari, Esq.
20. Abioye Araoye Oloyede Asanike, Esq.
21. Sylvanus Tahiru, Esq.
22. Bolarinwa Elijah Aidi, Esq.
23. Tonye Tombere Jenewari Krukrubo, Esq.
24. Aderemi Moshood Bashua, Esq.
25. Kolapo Olugbenga Kolade, Esq.
26. Samuel Peter Kargbo, Esq.
27. Ifeanyichukwu Sylvester Obiakor, Esq.
28. Olasoji Olaiya Olowolafe, Esq.
29. Mutalubi Ojo Adebayo, Esq.
30. Victor Odafe Ogude, Esq.
31. Sulayman Olawale Ibrahim, Esq.
30. Mumini Ishola Hanafi, Esq.
31. Tanko Tanko Ashang, Esq.
32. Damian Ohakwe Okoro, Esq.
33. Andrew Mwajim Malgwi, Esq.
34. Etukwu Onah, Esq.
35. Adeboro Lateef Adamson, Esq.
36. Bankole Joel Akomolafe, Esq.
37. Kelechi Chinedum Obi, Esq.
38. Andrew Osemedua Odum, Esq.
39. Okoro Okechukwu Edwin, Esq.
40. Godson Chukwudi Ugochukwu, Esq.
41. Steven Onyechi Ononye, Esq.
42. Ikani Kanu Agabi, Esq.
43. Mustapha Shaba Ibrahim, Esq.
44. Muizudeen Yunus Abdullahi, Esq.
45. Magaji Mato Ibrahim, Esq.
46. Sunusi Musa, Esq.
47. Oladoyin Oluseyi Awoyale, Esq.
48. Rotimi Iseoluwa Oyedepo, Esq.
49. Chukwudubem Bonaventure Anyigbo, Esq.
50. Lukman Oyebanji Fagbemi, Esq.
51. Michael Jonathan Numa, Esq.
Academic appointees (in order of seniority at the bar)
- Prof. Kathleen Ebelechukwu Okafor
- Prof. Muhammed Taofeeq Abdulrazaq
- Prof. Amokaye Oludayo Gabriel
- Prof. Ismail Adeniyi Olatunbosun
- Prof. Abdullahi Shehu Zuru
- Prof. Joy Ngozi Ezeilo
- Prof. Theodore Bala Maiyaki
- Prof. Olaide Abass Gbadamosi
- Prof. Chimezie Kingsley Okorie.