Terrorists holding the Abuja-Kaduna train passengers have released three others barely 24 hours after they released a video brutalising the victims and vowing to kill them if the Nigerian government does not meet their demands.
The terrorists had demanded for a prisoner swap, a deal the federal government rejected. The terrorists, however, secured the release of 66 of their colleagues from the Kuje Minimum prison last month after attacking the facility in a three-hour operation. There was no response from any of the government security agencies during the duration of the attack.
The terrorists have allegedly been collecting N100 million per passenger in exchange for their release. It is not yet clear if the families of these latest released passengers paid that amount.
According to a BBC Hausa report, a relative of one of the kidnapped victims released on Monday, said those released included 2 men and a lady.
While disclosing the news to the BBC, the relative said the released victims were on their way to a health facility for medical examination.
Recall that the passengers were abducted on March 28 in a Kaduna-bound train from Abuja.
Yesterday, the terrorists released a video where they threatened to also abduct President Muhammadu Buhari and Kaduna State Governor, Malam Nasir El- Rufai.
In the video which has gone viral, the male victims were separated from the women, after which they were flogged mercilessly by the insurgents.
The exhausted victims appealed to the international community such as the United Nations, African Union and Saudi Arabia to come to their aid since according to them, the Nigerian government has failed to rescue them from the hands of the terrorists.