27.3 C
New York
Monday, July 22, 2024

Buhari Says He’s Personally In Touch With Boko Haram For Release Of Chibok Girls

Must read

President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday, April 13, 2017 said that his administration had been talking to representatives of the terrorist group, Boko Haram which abducted the Chibok girls who are still in captivity 3 years after their abduction from the Chibok Secondary School in Borno state.

Buhari, in a statement he personally signed, noted that his administration had had cause to celebrate the return of 24 Chibok girls who were released by the terrorist group following a series of negotiations.

The president stated that the rescue of thousands of other Nigerians who were forcibly abducted by the terrorists reflected the efforts of government and its agencies to tackle the terrorists.

Buhari said that being a parent himself, he was grateful to God that some of the Chibok girls were found alive and have been reunited with their families.

“Government is doing all within its powers to reintegrate the freed girls to normal life. Furthermore, Government is in constant touch through negotiations, through local intelligence to secure the release of the remaining girls and other abducted persons unharmed,” the president said.

“My special appreciation goes to the parents and families that have endured three years of agony and waiting for the return of their children. I feel what you feel. Your children are my children.

“On this solemn occasion, my appeal is that we must not lose hope on the return of our remaining schoolgirls.

“Our intelligence and security forces, who have aptly demonstrated their competence, are very much equal to the task and absolutely committed to the efforts to find and return the schoolgirls and others abducted by Boko Haram,” Buhari said.

More articles

- Advertisement -The Fast Track to Earning Income as a Publisher
- Advertisement -The Fast Track to Earning Income as a Publisher
- Advertisement -Top 20 Blogs Lifestyle

Latest article