As rumours continue to grow as to whether the over 200 schoolgirls abducted by Boko Haram insurgents in April 2014 from Chibok in Borno State were still alive, considering the recent recapture of most territories previously controlled by the Islamists, the Federal Government has come out to say that the hopes of finding the girls alive still remains.
Making the assurance via a press conference was the coordinator of National Information Centre (NIC), Mike Omeri, who on Wednesday, April 8, 2015 said the Federal Government still has high hopes of finding the girls until the military concludes the recovery of all lost territory.
Omeri said: “The search for Chibok girls continues and that is why even with capture of Bama and the rest, security and military have never relent, and until it is concluded, we cannot begin to believe speculation. I think the one year anniversary is next week, and we hope to give a comprehensive report on what we know so far, and how far the searching has gone. So, the assurance I will give you, is that everywhere is being combed and whatever element we found will be revealed to appropriate authority and nobody is going to keep anything secret.”