Neckties have always been associated to be part of a men’s wear, but because of the evolution of fashion and people’s perception, neckties are now normally becoming part of a woman’s business attire. But of course, neckties are not just limited to business wear. There are many fashionable ways in wearing a neck tie. One just have to be creative and not be afraid to experiment.
- If you don’t know how to yet, you must first know how to tie a tie. Here’s how to do a simple knot:
- First, start with the backside of the tie facing away from you, the wide end is on the right and the small end is on the left. The tip of the small end should rest slightly above your belly-button (this will vary depending on your height and the length & thickness of your tie). Move only the active (wide) end.
- Second, wide end under the small end to the left.
- Third, across the small end to the right.
- Fourth, up into the neck loop from underneath.
- Fifth, down through the loop you’ve just made in the front.
- Lastly, pull down on the wide end to tighten. Slide the knot up to adjust.
You can also explore other types of knots by watching videos on how to tie a tie.
- Know which style of tie you want to wear. The beauty of these custom ties is that you can choose what style best fits your outfit and personality.
- Know how to take care of your ties, to preserve its color, quality and usability. Here are a few tips:
- Do a routine maintenance – You must be patient in removing your tie as soon as you switch your ensemble. Be it from changing to home clothes, or a change in get-up. Spare a minute or two to open the knots gradually to avoid forcing the tie’s material because it can damage the cloth. Quit pulling the thin end of the tie through the knot which is a bad practice. Instead of that, simply follow the reverse steps for tying it up. Make sure that you have untied the knots when you are not using it. Otherwise, the tie will be left with deep creases on a permanent basis. Do not ruin your custom neckties like this.
- Store it in a nice area – Neckties are delicate objects and they get distorted easily. After you have removed your tie properly, you must hang it up without wasting time in order to prevent the creases from coming out. You can roll it and place it inside a drawer and so to avoid damaging the ties. However, a safer way to protect the tie and preserve it longer is by using a hanger which helps in retaining its wrinkle-free look which is what you will want to achieve. Also, think of investing on a tie rack. This will help you to organize your ties in an easy manner and also preserves them for a longer period of time.
Now that you know how to tie a tie, and how to take care of it, you can now start considering your fashion statement by wearing custom ties.
Here are a few tips on how you will rock wearing ties:
Choose the right hairstyle
Wearing custom ties creates an air sophistication and can instantly make you look pretty professional by just wearing them on. You don’t need to overdo your hair or overthink of what type of hairstyle you will have to wear to look like a businesswomen. The tie is in itself a representation of professionalism. So you can just choose to let your hair down or tie it nicely just to have a clean and sleeker look.
Opt for a skirt instead of slacks
Custom ties are not exclusive for slacks. If you want to feel more feminine, you can definitely opt in wearing a skirt instead of a pair of slacks. You can add a pair of heels just to pump up your outfit. That way, you can still feel very feminine even by rocking a tie as part of your ensemble. You can choose a schoolgirl skirt to look sexy, or opt for a pencil skirt if you are going for a professional look. You can never go wrong, as long as the tie matches the outfit.
Try the to choose a rocker look
Custom ties are not only for formal events. You just have to tap your own creativity on how to fit wearing ties in your everyday wear if you want. You may also have that punk rocker vibe by wearing a tie. Take Avril Lavigne for example. During the early years of her career, the tie was a trademark of her ensemble by also wearing a pair of sneakers and a schoolgirl skirt. You will definitely attract some attention as it’s not a look that you’ll see very often nowadays. Trying the rocker look will make you stand out more from the crowd than you know.
Try to wear a vest
Nope, vests are not exclusive for men also. Be more adventurous with your look and try wearing a vest as part of your fashion statement. Ties don’t necessarily mean you must wear it with a blazer. A nice decent vest also gives you the chance to flaunt your shoulders. Wearing a vest can also help emphasize your waist. Do not be hesitant in trying out a variety of looks. If you want to stay stylish, this is the one dressing that move you must have to try. You only have to make sure that you get vests that can go with your custom ties.
An extra flair is always good every once in a while. You’ll never lose if you make sure it’s a tie!