Parents of the school girls abducted by Boko Haram in Borno State have revealed that the Islamist sect has threatened to kill both the parents and the girls if they do not stop their search for their kidnapped children.
The parents, who spoke on condition of anonymity to the Hausa service of Voice of America in Kaduna, today, Tuesday, April 22, 2014.
An uncertain number of female students of Government Girls’ Secondary School, Chibok were last week Monday, April 14 abducted from their school in the night.
Punch reports further:
They also noted that they had hired no fewer than 100 okada(commercial motorcyclists) to intensify their search for their children but to no avail.
They claimed that those okada riders hired to search for their children at the Sambisa forest had returned, claiming that they could not find their wards/children.
According to the report, the okada riders had returned because the violent sect had threatened to eliminate both the parents and the children.
The parents therefore bemoaned the failure of the authorities to locate and rescue their children.
However, the Borno State Governor, Kashim Shettima, had pleaded with the aggrieved parents to remain calm and prayerful and assured them that the girls would soon be found.
The governor, while addressing parents, said he was saddened and would never rest on his oars until the children returned to their parents.
“I am not happy; the security agents are trying. In Sha Allah, the girls would be found,” he said
But the Senator representing the area, Ali Ndume, slammed the authorities, saying it was not an ideal situation where those in authority live peacefully while other people always faced danger and pain.
Ndume, who lamented the sad development, chided those in government for complacency over the missing students.