Man Catches Fire After He Climbs Electric Pole Over Quarrel With Girlfriend...

Man Catches Fire After He Climbs Electric Pole Over Quarrel With Girlfriend [GRAPHIC PHOTO]

By Daily Mail Online on December 1, 2015

This is the horrifying moment a man burst into flames after climbing on top of a high-voltage electrical pole, reportedly following a row with his girlfriend.

After scaling the pole, he accidentally came too close to the electrical wires, and was engulfed in flames when thousands of volts coursed through his body.

He then fell around 15 feet to the ground, inflicting further injuries, Chinese media reported.

According to 022news, the 30-year-old victim, identified only as Mr Luo, had earlier been heard having a heated argument with his girlfriend and climbed up the pole.

Video taken by eyewitnesses showed Mr Luo sitting dangerously near the high-voltage cables on the busy street in Jinhua, east China.

Images taken by nearby residents show that although he did not seem to touch the wires, the electricity had arced over into his body, setting him on fire.

There was a huge crack of electricity and violent sparks shortly before immolating the place where he had been sitting seconds earlier. The blast sent him tumbling to the ground.

According to Shanghaiist he is now in a stable condition, though he suffered severe burns.

Read More


Leave a Comment

To leave a comment anonymously, simple write your thoughts in the comments box below and click the ‘post comment’ button.