The Nigerian military – Nigerian Army, Nigerian Air Force, and Nigerian Navy have published the names of the top officers who were promoted in the week, just passed.
Below are the press statement by the three arms of the military, which were emailed to The Trent, on Wednesday, November 13, 2019.
Nigerian Army Promotes Officers to Rank of General
The Nigerian Army Council on Saturday the 9th of November 2019 has approved the promotion of senior officers to the next ranks of Major General and Brigadier General respectively.
Among those lucky to be promoted to Major General are Brigadier General S Idris, Defence Headquarters Abuja, Brigadier General DC Onyemulu, Nigerian Armed Forces Resettlement Centre Oshodi Lagos, Brigadier General BO Sawyer Army Headquarters Department of Policy and Plans, Brigadier General GS Abdullahi Defence Headquarters Abuja, Brigadier General IM Obot Nigerian Army Resource Centre, Abuja, Brigadier General AL Lawal, Nigerian High Commission, Cairo Egypt, Brigadier General LA Adegboye, Headquarters 82 Division Enugu, Brigadier General AB Ibrahim Army Headquarters Training and Operations, Brigadier General PB Fakroga Headquarters Nigerian Army Women Corps, Brigadier General CK Nwosu Nigerian Army Special Forces School, Buni Yadi, and Brigadier General HI Bature, Headquarters Training and Doctrine Command, Minna.
The others are Brigadier Generals AL Dusu, Defence Headquarters, Abuja, MA Masanawa, Ammunition Central Depot Agunu, Kachia, JA Ataguba, Land Forces Simulation Centre, Abuja, AE Attu, National Defence College, Abuja, BA Isandu, Nigerian Army Intelligence School, Lagos, SS Araoye, Command Engineering Depot Kaduna, MS Ahmed, SI List Nigerian Embasy Riyad, GAT Ochigbano, Army Headquarters Department of Military Secretary, TA Lagbaja, Headquarters 2 Brigade Abak Uyo, LA Fejokwu, Army Headquarters Department of Administration ‘Army’, PE Eromosele, National Defence College, Abuja, AM Alabi, Headquarters Theatre Command Operation LAFIYA DOLE Maiduguri, GO Adesina, Army Headquarters Department of Policy and Plans, MM Bunza, Nigerian Military School Zaria, AA Adesope, Directorate of Audit and Financial Management Office of the Chief of Army Staff, KI Muktar, Army Headquarters Department of Administration ‘Army’, OO Olatunde, Headquarters 35 Brigade, – (posthumously promoted), EA Ndagi, Office of the National Security Adviser, KO Aligbe Defence Headquarters, UA Yusuf, African Standby Force ECOWAS Headquarters, Abuja, OC Ajunwa, Nigerian Embassy Brasilia, FO Omoigui Army Headquarters Department of Training and Operations, OA Akinyemi Administrative Staff College of Nigeria, Badagry, Lagos among others.
Those promoted to Brigadier Generals are BYD Sakaba, Defence Headquarters Abuja, AY Bwala 302 Artillery Regiment Onitsha, AA Adekoya, Defence Intelligence Agency, NJ Edet Headquarters 81 Division, Lagos, EC Obi-Osang, Headquarters Nigerian Army Special Forces Command, Buni Yadi, AO Arogbofa, Headquarters 102 Division Equipment Support, S Nicodemus, Headquarters 6 Division Portharcourt, WB Idris, 17 Brigade, Katsina, IO Olatunji, Headquarters 8 Division, Sokoto, ST Audu, Headquarters 21 Brigade, Yola, UT Opuene, Headquarters Infantry Corps Centre, Jaji, MD Abumawashi, Headquarters Op LAFIA DOLE, Maiduguri, LG Lepdung, Headquarters Infantry Corps, Jaji, Kaduna, AOD Okoro, Department Administration ‘Army’, ASM Wase, Department of Training and Operations ‘Army’, AL Okpodu, Nigerian Army Aviation, S Nuhu, Army Headquarters Department of Training and Operations, EO OJO, Special Task Force, Operation SAFE HAVEN, JR Lar, 31 Artillery Brigade Garrison, Minna, SJA Ilori, Department of Army Transformation and Innovation.
Also elavated to Brigadier Generals are NB Ebulue Defence Intelligence Agency, KO Ukandu Army Headquarters Department of Administration, AG Laka Army War College, Abuja, EI Etuk, Multinational Joint Task Force N’Djamena, ME Onoja, 1 Military Intelligence Brigade, Kaduna, EI Okoro, Nigerian Army War College, MB Wabili, Nigerian Army Super Camp Benisheik, KE Chigbu Army Headquarters Department of Training and Operations, SO Nwafor 303 Artillery Regiment General Support and I Otu Headquarters 7 Division Maiduguri.
Others are SO Adejimi, Headquarters 6 Division Supply and Transport, SD Makolo Headquarters Department of Transformation and Innovation, VD Beryo Headquarters Ordnance Corps, MO Erebulu 2 Provost Group, Ibadan, A Idris, Directorate of Army Reserve Recruitment and Resettlement Rear, CA Ataki Department of Policy and Plans ‘Army’, FO Omata, Special Task Force Operation SAFE HAVEN, CC Ogbu, Institute of Army Education, AE Owiriwa 82 Division Ordnance Services, ROO Cole, Nigerian Army Ordnance Tailoring Factory Yaba, Lagos, TI Gusau, Nigerian Army Resource Centre Abuja, GC Nkenke, 8 Division Supply and Transport and M Galadima, Headquarters Nigerian Army Finance Corps Apapa, Lagos, M Auta, Nigerian Army University Biu, O Nwachukwu Defence Headquarters Defence Information, I Ahmed Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna, S Nuhu Army Headquarters Department of Administration and AAW Hassan Armed Forces Command and Staff College among others.
The Chief of Army Staff Lt Gen TY Buratai congratulates the beneficiaries and charged them to redouble their efforts in the discharge of their responsibilities.
Acting Director Army Public Relations
NAF Releases List of Newly Promoted Senior Officers
1. The Air Force Council (AFC) yesterday, 9 November 2019, approved the promotion of a total of 99 senior officers to the next higher ranks in the Nigerian Air Force (NAF). The affected senior officers comprise 13 Air Commodores (Air Cdres) who were promoted to the rank of Air Vice Marshal (AVM), 35 Group Captains (Gp Capts) who were promoted to the rank of Air Cdre and 51 Wing Commanders (Wg Cdrs) promoted to the rank of Gp Capt.
2. Those promoted to the rank of AVM include, Air Cdres Ayoola Jolasinmi, Hassan Abubakar, Jackson Yusuf, Austine Imafidor, Pius Oahimire, Dalhat Ladan, Cosmas Ozougwu, Isah Muhammad, Sunday Makinde, Abubakar Yusuf, Abubakar Adamu, Ado Inuwa and Ademola Durotoye. Among those promoted from the rank of Gp Capt to Air Cdre are Ahmed Idris, Olasunkanmi Abidoye, Olusola Akinboyewa, Isaac Subi, Japhet Ekwuribe, Solomon Lazarus, Ahmed Dari, Emeka Ashiegbu and Abdullahi Bello.
3. Others promoted to the rank of Air Cdre include, Yuhana Katabiya, Gambo Adamu, Alheri Dakwat, Olayinka Oyesola, Adedoyin Oyenusi, Edward Gapkwet, Friday Ekpah, Luther Kamat, Joktan Chidama, Felix Uwakara, Mikail Abdulraheem and Ernest Owai. Gp Capts Glenn Nkanang, Chidiebere Obiabaka, Raphael Ojo, Mohammed Isah, Ibitoye Ajiboye, Shani Bukar, Wapkerem Maigida, Atang Sambo, Daniel Akpan, Olanrewaju Oyename, Boniface Ifeobu, Godwin Udoh, Ayodele Hanidu and Azubuike Chukwuka were also promoted to the rank of Air Cdre.
4. The Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, on behalf of officers, airmen, airwomen and civilian staff of the NAF, heartily congratulates the newly promoted senior officers and urges them to see the elevation as motivation to re-dedicate themselves towards more effective and efficient service delivery. The newly promoted senior officers will be decorated with their new ranks at a later date.
5. You are please requested to disseminate this information through your medium for the awareness of the general public. Thank you for your usual support and cooperation.
Director of Public Relations and Informatio
Nigerian Air Force
Nigerian Navy Promotes Senior Naval Officers
The Navy Board on Saturday 9 November 2019 approved the promotions of 140 naval officers to various senior ranks in the Nigerian Navy. Breakdown of the promotion released showed that 65 Lieutenant Commanders were promoted to the rank of Commander, 26 Commanders were promoted to Captain, 32 Captains to Commodore and 17 Commodores were promoted to the rank of Rear Admiral.
The newly promoted Rear Admirals are Dickson Olisemenogor, Elkanah Jaiyeola, Baribuma Kole, Othaniel Filafa, Akinga Ayafa, Danjuma Moses, Vincent Okeke, Yakubu Wambai, Emmanuel Beckley, Perry Onwuzulike, Nuhu Bala, Chukwu Okafor, Tanko Pani, Ibrahim Dewu, Monday Unurhiere, Joseph Akpan and Olumuyiwa Olotu.
The newly promoted Commodores are Kabir Mohammed, Shehu Gombe, Ibrahim Mohammed, Musa Katagum, Gideon Kachim, Semiu Adepegba, Pakiribo Anabraba, Bob-Manuel Effiong, Suleiman Ibrahim, Danjuma Ndanusa, Haruna Zego, Adedotun Ayo-Vaughan, Victor Choji, Mohammed Dahiru, Nnamdi Ekwom, Stephen Ibrahim, Desmond Igbo, Mohammed Muye, Kunle Oguntuga, Aniefiok Uko, Olufemi Adeleke, Etop Ebe, Usman Faruk, Paul Efe-Oghene, Michael Igwe, Ikenna Ubani, Musliu Yussuff, Samuel Ngatuwa, Omotola Olukoya, Dolapo Shittu, Abiodun Alade and Emmanuel Anakwe.
The Chief of the Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ibas on behalf of officers, ratings and civilian staff of the Nigerian Navy, rejoices with these newly promoted officers and their families and charges them to rededicate themselves to their responsibilities and remain loyal to the nation and the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR.
for Chief of the Naval Staff