General Buratai Says No Soldiers Are Missing In War Against Boko Haram

General Buratai Says No Soldiers Are Missing In War Against Boko Haram

By Vanguard on November 19, 2015
0
Government Giris Secondary School Dapchi, Yobe, Boko HaramGovernment Giris Secondary School Dapchi, Yobe, Boko Haram
Chief of Army Staff , Maj.-Gen. Tukur Buratai on a tour of villages suffering from Boko Haram attacks, August 23, 2015 (DHQ Photo)

Chief of Army staff, Lt. General Tukur Buratai has waved aside reports that about 105 soldiers prosecuting the war against Boko Haram terrorists met their untimely death when they failed to return in a bid to annihilate the terrorists in the North East.

The media had been awashed with news that about 100 Nigerian soldiers were missing after Boko Haram attacks in the epicenter of the battle.

But General Buratai in a telephone conversation with Vanguard said, “It is not true that our soldiers are missing. The soldiers went on a mission for the Nigerian nation and they have since returned and joined their Battalions”.

The confident Chief of Army Staff said that insinuation is a figment of imagination of the authors of the story.

Media reports had indicated that the Army may have lost about 150 of its men to an attack by Boko Haram insurgents in Gudunbali, Borno State.

It was claimed that the terrorists attacked at Gudunbali in Borno State, on Wednesday and as a result the 157 Battalion of the Nigerian Army could not account for at least, 105 soldiers including their commanding officer.

According an online newspaper, Premium Times, the terrorists also captured a T-72 tank as well as several artillery weapons from the unit.

Read More

NO COMMENTS

Leave a Comment

To leave a comment anonymously, simple write your thoughts in the comments box below and click the ‘post comment’ button.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.