Finally, Nigeria has an official cabinet. ‘Better latest’ than never.
I congratulate all the ministers; and President Muhammadu Buhari for putting the team together – my initial thoughts on the assignment of portfolios are:
1. Fashola: “Becomes the most powerful minister ever with the combination of 3 Ministries under him” – [Shame to bad people? LOL]
2. Enelamah: “Must be the most ideal person for the job ever – as minister of Investments” [You can ask me how I know].
3. Udoma Udo Udoma as Budget and National Planning Minister: “Also sounds like a right fit – especially with the mix of a businessman and politician”.
4. Lai Mohammed: “Would need a serious lecture about how ‘to project the nation’ rather than ‘sell propaganda’ and he would also help if he lets the next APC spokesperson do his job for the Party while he now understands he work for NIGERIA not the APC.
5. Kayode Fayemi: As Solid Minerals? … ‘Na WAEC be that.
6. Amaechi: “The newer Jagaban” as minister of Transport would do well dealing with “the agberos”.
7. Audu Ogbeh: Might suffer what Ambode is facing now in Lagos… How do you surpass ‘an Adesina’?
8. Adebayo Shittu: Same as Audu Ogbeh, how do you surpass Omobola Johnson? Doesn’t sound like an improvement to me.
9. Kemi Adeosun: Replacing Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala? I reserve my comments – big shoes to fill.
10. Sai Baba: Buhari… finally had his way and named himself Petroleum Minister. When you stay too much with Obasanjo, you begin to behave like him!
So, fellow Nigerians, let’s get to work.
The opinions expressed in this mail are solely those of the author.