1. We love the way you courted us after we met. The texts, calls, flowers, chocolates, cards, airport pick-ups, weekends away. Please don’t stop this when you know you ‘have us’.
2. We like security and a feeling of familiarity. Give us a chance to get to know you, before hitting on us.
3. We want to be treated as ladies. Not as unequals. We don’t expect you to open every door and foot every bill, but it doesn’t mean we don’t find your gestures of genuine chivalry very attractive. Even the most independent woman wants to feel she is treasured and adored as an object of beauty, just as long as it doesn’t go so far that the man insists on making her every decision.
4. We like to talk. This does not mean we are asking for your opinion or that we want you to magically fix all our problems. Mostly, we just need to vent. And we love it so much when you really hear us. Listen cos that’s all you need to do.
5. We expect you to remember relationship landmarks. You love technology, so when we tell you our anniversary is coming, or our birthday, put it in your planner, so you remember. You remember meetings, and cricket scores, so remember birthdays, it’s not that hard.
6. We love an excuse to get dressed up. Give us the chance to sizzle in our glam wardrobe. Don’t get nervous if other guys look at us.
Remember we’re on your arm.
7. Keep your promises. We like simple courtesies. Be on time, do whatever you said you were going to, and if things have changed, muster up the courage to tell us upfront.
8. Love for us begins in the mind. Just like you like the sensuous curves, we like the dinners, romance and dreamy conversation.
9. We also love sports, (I am a martial arts and a basketball player) but it does not mean that it has to be the same game you play.
10. We don’t want you to give up on guys nights. Believe it or not, we understand that you need space. We love our all-girl time as well.