You’ve been there for each other through thick and thin, good times and bad guys.
And, when it comes to your friendship you know looks don’t matter.
But, when you’re the Nicole to her Paris, the Janis to her Cady, the Tai to her Cher, certain things become the norm.
Here’s 15 things you only know if your best friend is hotter than you.
1. She thinks all men are lovely
This is because they are all lovely to her, because they want to sleep with her.
Meanwhile you get to see them being rude, gross and insensitive – all of which you helpfully report back to her, of course.
2. You never have to queue to get in anywhere
You’re happy to coast in past the lines of average-looking suckers on the back of her superior genes.
The times you go out without her are a bit of a shock.
Obstructive doormen?! Barmen who aren’t desperate to serve you free drinks?! Crowds of men who don’t part like the Red Sea to let you pass?! This is no way to live.
3. She has an army of male ‘friends’ and says she’ll set you up
But you know this will never happen because they’re all clearly in love with her.
4. You get all the benefits of being a hot person without having to put the work in to becoming one
You know how hard she works at the gym, how she hasn’t eaten a burger since 2008, the time and money she spends in the salons and the hours she puts into perfecting her already gorgeous face each day.
You’ve seen it and you know it’s not for you.
It makes far more sense to eat chips, not give a crap about your hair AND always get into VIP.
5. It’s always weird introducing her to family members
Even your dad says she’s beautiful. Ew.
6. You’re funnier than she is
You know it, she knows it, guys know it.
They come over for the scenery and stay for the show.
7. Although she does tell jokes sometimes
These include ‘I look awful today,’ ‘my tummy’s so big’ and ‘I’ll never meet the right guy’.
8. She offers to lend you outfits that will simply not work on your body
You have a carefully-constructed wardrobe of items to express your personality, hide your crap bits and enhance your good bits.
All her bits are good bits. A bandage dress will only make you look like an over-stuffed sausage / curveless man-woman.
9. She always starts sentences with ‘you know how guys…?’
NO. You don’t.
Especially when the above is followed by baffling statements to do with the kind of behaviour usually only displayed by unneutered dogs.
10. You’re really good at ‘managing people’s expectations’
She’s got a partner already but they don’t know that, the poor dears.
You have had years of giving men (and sometimes women) the gentle let down.
You could probably start a new career as George Clooney’s character in Up In The Air – firing people for a living.
11. Sometimes, it’s a bit like being friends with Kim K
People stop you both in the street, she’s always papped at parties and everyone wants to be her mate.
12. You always get the friend
While she’s getting chatted up by some stone cold fox you have to make polite conversation with his friend who’s so dull he could put a toddler who’s eaten a jar full of instant coffee to sleep.
13. You make a big deal of the one pic you have of the two of you, in which you look hotter (or at least as hot)
It’s probably your Facebook profile pic. This is because your other pics look like this –
14. She doesn’t even realise how hot she is
She knows she looks good but she rarely notices all the stares she gets and the way men modify their behaviour for her.
15. She’s beautiful on the inside too
Which is why you love her and you’ll be friends for life.