The head of Maffa Local Government, Alhaji Shettima Maina had on Sunday, October 26, 2014, revealed that men suspected to be members of the insurgents have killed at least 17 persons and kidnapped several others in different operations that took place on Thursday, October 23, 2014, in the central region of Nigeria’s northeast Borno State.
According to reports, the source said, “Seventeen persons were killed by the assailants after last Thursday’s attack on Ndongo community.
While confirming the incident in a press brief with newsmen in Maiduguri, the Borno state capital, Maina disclosed that the corpses of the victims of the attack had been buried on Friday, October 24, 2014.
He said, “We buried the remains of the victims in Maffa on Friday.”
Despite the ceasefire agreement between the Federal Government and the Boko Haram insurgents, announced on Friday, October 17, 2014, attacks are still ongoing and this recent raid marks the latest among all the other operations by the terrorists in the northern part of the country.