Tragic: Mother, 3-Year-Old Son Dies Of Electrocution In Bush In Benue

Tragic: Mother, 3-Year-Old Son Dies Of Electrocution In Bush In Benue

By Chidinma Unigwe | Sub Editor on November 7, 2014
0
candles

A total of three persons, including a three-year-old boy, his mother and a young man in his early twenties had been sent to their early grave after being electrocuted in two different locations of Benue State.

It was gathered that the mother identified as Ngwasen Kor and her three year old son, Terwase Kor were reportedly electrocuted in a bush at Lessel, headquarters of Logo Local Government Area of the state on Tuesday, November 4, 2014, whereas the unidentified young man died at No 23, Kainji Street, North-Bank, a suburb of Makurdi, Benue state capital after he was electrocuted following a mysterious fire outbreak that engulfed a 10-room apartment.

According to reports, an eyewitness said that the toddler who was with his mother who had gone to the bush to defecate unknown to him held a live electricity cable pulled down by rainstorm the previous night by a windstorm.

The source said, “He was instantly electrocuted the moment he touched the cable, his scream attracted his mother who was standing afar, the confused mother dashed to where her son was, and being ignorant of what happened, she ran to her son and grabbed him and was also electrocuted.”

But for the timely intervention of a passerby who stopped people’s attempt to rescue the victims, the death toll would have been beyond what was recorded,  said the eye witness.

“Some other women who did not understand what had happened almost attempted to rescue the victims but for a man who understood what had happened; he threw stones at them in order to chase them away from the scene after which the area’s electricity company was alerted and the remains of the mother and child were removed and deposited in the mortuary,” the source disclosed

Furthermore, regarding the young man’s tragic death, an eyewitness in Makurdi recalled that on the fateful day,  while he(the deceased) was passing by, he saw a burning building and went to disconnect electricity from the compound to prevent it from being consumed by fire, he got electrocuted in the course and eventually gave up the ghost.

The state Police Public Relation Officer PPRO, SP Daniel Ezeala who confirmed the tragic occurrences admitted that the command received the report of the tragic occurrences.

NO COMMENTS

Leave a Comment

To leave a comment anonymously, simple write your thoughts in the comments box below and click the ‘post comment’ button.