A six-day-old baby boy was rushed to the hospital by his parents who claimed he had suddenly burst into flames.
The baby’s mother,identified as K Rajeswari, said her baby caught fire on Thursday, January 15, 2015, six days after he was born, with his feet bursting into flames.
A team of five doctors at Kilpauk Medical College and Hospital (KMCH) in Chennai, including paediatricians, psychiatrists and plastic surgeons are running several tests on the boy to verify the mother’s absurd claims.
Dr N Gunasekaran, dean of the hospital, said: ‘We have sent wound swabs for tests. The results will be out in two days.
‘We will decide on further tests and treatment on Monday.’
Meanwhile, this is not the first time that Ms Rajeswari, 22, has claimed that one of her children has spontaneously expolded.
She claimed in 2013 when she brought her 3-month old son Rahul, that he had also caught fire- for the fourth time.
After series of tests were conducted on the boy, Doctors found that he had not spontaneously combusted, raising concerns that he may have been abused by relatives or burnt in an accidental fire.